PDA

View Full Version : Double or triple buggy?

Mummits
28-02-2009, 09:52 AM
I have two mindees 18 months old and a son of 3. I currently have a small wheeled graco double pushchair with a buggy board for on and off use by my littlun, but it is getting really hard work as the kids get older and heavier, and it doesn't cope at all well with snow, slush, leaves etc.

I'm thinking of getting an off road type twin, perhaps a three wheeler, but I think I'd still need one that would take a buggy board, at least for a while, or maybe one of those doubles with a toddler set on top. Can anyone give me any recommendations or does anyone have something suitable for sale? (I am in East Berkshire). Thanks.

Mummits
28-02-2009, 09:55 AM
Sorry I meant to post the above to For Sale and Wanted. I don't know how to move it but perhaps one of you nice moderator ladies could help??

Pauline
28-02-2009, 10:40 AM
No problem - I will move it for you :)

berkschick
28-02-2009, 11:44 AM
I am in Lower Earley and have a triple buggy for sale!

It is the Obaby one from Mothercare. It is just about a year old now.

It has recently had a service as the bar underneath came unclipped. So is good as new!

http://www.mothercare.com/OBaby-Triple-Black/dp/B000W2YL4M/ref=sr_11_1/280-0800943-9902550?%5Fencoding=UTF8&mcb=core

Looking for £100 for it and can give you a reciept for your books :thumbsup:

Mummits
28-02-2009, 04:09 PM
Thanks Berkschick. It looks very nice but I am worried the wheels may still be too small for the terrain around here. I will try to get a look at one in Mothercare and get back to you if I think otherwise after seeing one.

berkschick
28-02-2009, 04:13 PM
They dont have them in Mothercare, it is online only

Feel free to come and have a look if you want to though.

PixiePetal
28-02-2009, 05:10 PM
Jane make 4 wheeler and 3 wheeler doubles (tandem) that fits their 'surfer board' on the back. I recently bought the 4 wheel 'twin two' from ebay knowing I could get a board if I needed it. Bulky but nice to push.

Mummits
01-03-2009, 06:45 PM
Thanks Pixiepetal. I'm going to look at a jane powertwin (but I'm a bit worried that if I get a surfer board it might just be too cool and my 8 year old might want to ride!)

funtoplay
01-03-2009, 06:52 PM
Hi have you thought of using the Bibi Strolli rider for the 3 year old. I used to use a buggy board for a 3 year old until a friend suggested I try her strolli rider. It is so much easier you can push the buggy normally, since the bike sits to the side of you. Just search for Bibi srolli rider.

Julia

berkschick
01-03-2009, 06:52 PM
How about this?

It is local to us but finishes soon!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130289515227&indexURL=1#ebayphotohosting

Mummits
02-03-2009, 05:18 PM
Thanks but I missed it, but it did go for rather a lot of money anyway, so I would probably have dropped out in any case. The search continues! I'm not unhappy with the buggyboard, so I think I'll just look for a better double buggy to fix it to.

brillminder
02-03-2009, 07:08 PM
i have the easylife double / triple and love it the 3rd seats clips on and off so easily and it worked fab in recent snow & ice keep eye on ebay they go cheaper too and you can purchase the seat from internet too
do a google search for more details ( I have the single too that the seat clips onto :) good hunting

Mummits
04-03-2009, 04:34 PM
Hi have you thought of using the Bibi Strolli rider for the 3 year old. I used to use a buggy board for a 3 year old until a friend suggested I try her strolli rider. It is so much easier you can push the buggy normally, since the bike sits to the side of you. Just search for Bibi srolli rider.

Julia

Hi Julia,

I have looked at a Strolli rider - and for most three year olds it would be great but I'd be worried about mine because he falls asleep at the drop of a hat all over the place - not often, but very unpredictable - and I don't like to wake him because it makes him very grumpy! He has been asleep today in the kiddy seat on the back of my bike, but at least he was strapped on. I had visions of him falling asleep on the Strolli and just falling off into the road! He fell asleep in the swimming pool when we were on holiday!

Pudding Girl
04-03-2009, 10:29 PM
Check out ABC - it's double with either one or two extra seats on the top. Often on Ebay but usually collection only due to rpice, but you can always ask if you can arrange your own courier ( costs about £10 usually)