PDA

View Full Version : Mindee who wants to wander.

samd35
28-02-2009, 08:09 AM
Hi

Wonder if anyone can give me some ideas as to what activities to do with a mindee I look after. He will be two in June.
I look after him for just one day a week and have done since September 08.
For the last couple of weeks he doesn't seem to want to do anything except for wander around.
We have been to play area indoors and outside, got playdough out, painting, role play is always set out but he isn't interested. He may have a go for a couple of minutes but then is quite happy just walking around.
His mum mentioned to me that he is the same at home, she took him to the park, he was interested in the equipment for a bit then just wanted to wander.
Do we just continue with what we are doing ?
I thought for next week if he likes walking we are going to go to a park, feed the ducks.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Sam x

amirose
28-02-2009, 08:11 AM
Sounds like his having a bit more of an explore to me :thumbsup:

LOVE the idea of taking him to the park to feed the ducks he can wander and have a great explore there!

melanieabigail2004
28-02-2009, 08:13 AM
How about a little treasure hunt? I hide all the gold stars from the reward chart around the lounge and playroom and let the kids try and find them.

Mel

samd35
28-02-2009, 08:15 AM
Treasure hunt sound good. Thanks for that.

x

RedDragon
28-02-2009, 08:57 AM
Great idea - hide things around the room and see if he finds them.

Otherwise, he's still only very young and you only look after him for a couple of days - I would say as long as he is not showing signs of looking upset I would leave him to his wandering-if he seems to enjoy it.