PDA

View Full Version : No shows, don't need me & waiting game going on here

Shirlwith3
28-02-2009, 07:40 AM
Well thats 2 of my lsit of parents enquiring

one was meant to come yesterday afternoon never showed up, she only wanted 2 hours then I was meant to have another come today but got a call yesterday to say that she had found a cm nearer to her so I am now waiting to hear back from one that has applied for a job weather she got the job if she does I will diff have her 2 boys, I have another coming on 18th march as she has not moved here yet she wants 2 whole days & I should hear back from another who has to speak to her boss this week about what days they wnat her to return to.
So I'm in the waiting game now & to top it of my last minde left yester as his parents are moving away & it was my birhtday yesterday too. I did get a lovely present from them a handbagf (how did she know I have a thing for handbags) & a nice box of chocolate for leaving me & my birthday, I will really miss the lo as just as they are leaving he is so settled when mum drops him of in the morning & when I go to babysitt him at his home. argggggggggggggg

Shirl:(

amirose
28-02-2009, 07:44 AM
How horrible to just not show up :eek: All the paper work you have to prepare :panic:

It does sound like you have quite a few things in the pipeline so to speak so it's not all bad! :)

Best of luck :clapping:

rickysmiths
28-02-2009, 09:09 AM
Shirl it is a pain when parents don't turn up. I moved house 5 years ago. 10 miles away from where we were so I had to restart my business and it was a terrible shock to me and the family budget:eek:

I had been minding for ten years then and had always filled my vacancies and had a waiting list!

I went back to nothing and no phone calls. When the calls started to come I had a lot of no shows again something I had not experenced before and very frustrating.

I designed a leaflet about my setting, it is an A4 sheet that folds in three so it will fit in an envelope. It explains about my setting, my Ofsted grading, first aid, safeguarding and food hygine. That we go out and about and have fun. It also has a simple map. I live on the crease on the map!!!!! I guess someone has to:laughing:

Anyway if I have an enquiry that books an appointment I either pop round and deliver a leaflet or post one before the meeting.

I prefer to deliver because this then gives me an insight I will often knock on the door and introduce myself. It sounds a bit pushy, but it breaks the ice and the parents then know who they are coming to see. They are usually pleased that I have taken the trouble to do it as well. By seeing where they live and there are lots of cul-de-sacs in our town, lots of people who don't drive, it means I have an idea and can to some extent have an idea of issues that could arise.

It certainly seems to have reduced the no shows and if parents aren't coming they are ringing so at least I know.

Pm me if you would like to see the brochure.

RedDragon
28-02-2009, 09:15 AM
No shows are such a pain.

You get everything sorted, change your plans and then they don't show - how rude!!

Fingers crossed for you with the others.:)

Shar
28-02-2009, 09:29 AM
Happy Birthday for yesterday:clapping: :clapping:
Good luck in filling your vacancies:thumbsup:

angeldelight
28-02-2009, 10:02 AM
It is such a pain when parents do not show I hate it and find it really rude and annoying

Hope you fill your spaces really soon

Angel xx

geraldine72
28-02-2009, 10:21 AM
i've had no shows in past and it's not fair as you do get yourself worked up for them comig and practise what you're going to say and stuff and then NOTHING! hope you get spaces filled and HAPPY BIRTHDAY FOR YESTERDAY:laughing:

Bex1
28-02-2009, 11:10 AM
how annoying..I;ve not had any no shows but I have had parents not bother coming back to me to say yes or no which annoys me. I have phoned and they dont bother to call back! I also bumped into one of the ladies in our local supermarket and she blanked me:angry:

Look at this way, if they dont show then do you really want them to be signed up with you?? Hope you get some luck soon, fingers crossed:thumbsup:

Shirlwith3
28-02-2009, 11:19 AM
My thought too I was please in a way that the one yesterday didn't show up as she only wanted 2 hours over 2 mornings while she went to gym.

Oh well

Shirl