PDA

View Full Version : SCHOOLIES

donnadoo2004200
27-02-2009, 10:41 PM
Can anyone please advise me. When I started minding I did not intend on having school children. As it is I now am starting to. All my paperwork and activities are for under 8's. I now have 2 children starting on Tues aged 8 boy and aged 10 girl. What am I going to do with them? It will be only for 2 hrs after school for 2 days. The boy seems very boistrous and the girl very quiet. The only thing I already have in the house is arts and crafts which they may like.
As my children are now grown up I just dont know what these ages are into nowadays. Please anybody.:panic: :panic: :panic:

rickysmiths
27-02-2009, 11:02 PM
Well done.

You may find they have some homework and it can be good to get it done. The ones I have at the moment are 6 and 8 brothers and they sit at the dining room table as soon as we get home. I help them find info sometimes, the younger one had to fill a 'carpet' outline with materials of different textures and we had great fun hunting!

We play board and card games

lego or connex
playmobile I have an emergency helicoptor, dustbin van, a recycling van, police motorcycles etc
paying in the garden with balls and hoops etc
sometimes just chillin on the sofa watcing a DVD
Mothers day/Fathers day cards
I found at christmas the boys enjoyed making decorations using the black card that you scratch on and get rainbow colours.
plant some veg Baby tomatoes in a hanging basket is always a winner
sunflower competion
hope some of these help I'm sure you will all have a lot of fun

donnadoo2004200
27-02-2009, 11:15 PM
Thankyou very much I didnt give board games or cards a thought. Good thing mothers day is coming up we can make cards and flowers. Thanks again.:)

rickysmiths
27-02-2009, 11:33 PM
My pleasure!

huggableshelly
28-02-2009, 07:33 AM
MY OLDER ONES LOVE TO READ TO THE YOUNGER ONES TOO, THEY USE THE STORY SACKS (oops caps lock)

the younger ones react differently too when the older ones are telling the stories and this allows me to note down any observations i can fit in.