PDA

View Full Version : a bit of a pickle!

littlepixies
02-02-2008, 01:44 PM
hey guys..... do ya ever just wanna scream because you look at your work space (where ya do ya paper work) and there is piles apon piles which has built up over the week, and now the weekends here insted of relaxin ya have to trail through the lot and get it all file, laminated, put up, updated ect!!!!

Mines piled up and i put it off last week, and so theres double this weekend! and i have to get cracking but just havent got the umph1!! is it just me ???

Trying to work out some new filing options in the house and more space to be able to put stuff not getting very far yet!
Bout a filing unit lol not really using it just windes me up. jsut cleared out 2 draws in hall unit for stuff to go.
need some hooks to screw into toy stand to hang draw string bags for stuff to go in.
just laminated the number jacks from cbeebies for a number line! and the nurons or what ever the called.... the sense things lol also on cbeebies.
gonna put them up too.
need to redooo my stuff of kids on wall
and rearange other bits on welcome wal.
just never blumming ending.,

What sort of work space do you have? and what kinda walla rea have you got? any new ideas on toy and books storage??
:cool:

crazybones
02-02-2008, 01:56 PM
You sound exactly like me. Everything as we speak is spread across a huge dining table, which is too big for the room but I can bear to get rid of it yet coz it came from Mum&Dads house when they died last year. (Too many memories - 7 of us round it every night for 20+ years). I am clearing out under stairs cupboard and going to use that to store stuff and buy loads more folders and BE ORGANISED. Then I can put a lock on it for confidentiality! If I can just pull myself away from this site that is.:rolleyes:

Annie x

button68
02-02-2008, 02:18 PM
Louisa tell me about your 'Welcome Wall' :) I have a welcome poster but now I want a Welcome Wall too **stamps foot**:D

manjay
02-02-2008, 02:33 PM
Louisa tell me about your 'Welcome Wall' :) I have a welcome poster but now I want a Welcome Wall too **stamps foot**:D

Didn't you know? It is the front of your house. You have to paint it in bright colours and let the children have a go of course.

amanda xx

Hopscotch
02-02-2008, 02:34 PM
I have got a little welcome wall,
I have got welcome posters with images of different children different colours, disabilities, another poster with the word welcome and then welcome in losts of different languages.
A numberline which i change according to theme we are doing at the moment we are doing healthy eating so i have different fruits with numbers on them.
i will be changing that tomorrow and have a little dragon numberline because of chinese new year. And a little zidiac chart and a happy chinese new year poster and a map and a flag of china.
A weekly menu
Monthly planner which lists all the themes we will be covering for the next month and what we will do each day. The parents always come in and look to see what we are doing.

A weather chart with velcro that the kids put the day of the week the season and what the weather is like today.

Reward charts and potty training charts 1 for each kid

All my certificates in little clip frames.

I put it all in the hallway so that the parents can always see what we are doing and they really like

I know it sounds a lot but it isn't really and it actually looks really nice and welcoming and the kids get all excited when they come in and see that the posters etc have changed.

Bev X

littlepixies
02-02-2008, 02:55 PM
:laughing: :laughing: Well sounds a bit like mine. i live in a first floor 2 bed maisonette... so as you can imagine space is well there isnt much lol

when i first started out my partney built a inwall unit for the pc and a shelf ofr pens and stuff and then toys boxes space under niether as he wasnt really to happy bout his home being turned in to a nursery lol
since then i have aquired... table and chairs for kids in front room, a toy and books storage unit in the front room also, the cupboard under the book case unit lol in the front room. The whole of the wall space surrounding my built in the wall unit lol then in the hall as you walk in from the door you have a 5 draw unit which im taking two draws lol, and my welcome wall.

The welcome wall has child height coat pegs the same ones from balomory shop (houses) a huge notice board where i put planning and news letters. surrounding this is certificates of courses i have attended, posters, welcome poster which is multicultural, a poster on sickness and being away 48hrs from last episode, frame work explained, a poster for complaints, complaint book hung up and my daily routine laminated and up.

i have also aquired some more wall in front room with hand prints laminated, number jack number line, weather chart with velcro, ground rule poster, and nina and the nurons or what ever there called will be also joining these lol!!!

yeh sooooooo.... its now a nursery lay out lol, im hopeing to get another kids table and chairs from ikea great value!!! a wooden table child height and 2 chairs for i think £20
i needddd more space ideas come on girls get ya thinking caps on fella said bout having a unit in bedroom but i want it all down stairs lol

sarah707
02-02-2008, 04:07 PM
I have one wall dedicated to 'stuff'... at the moment it's got an A-z, a number line, a days/month and mood poster we use every day, house goals, Winnie the Pooh months of the year poster, big world map and a 'beep beep' day poster...

I want to laminate the inclusive a-z poster someone posted the other day and I've got some photos to add to the 'can you find you?' display (lots of inclusive photos including the children who are here)...

First though I will finish sorting my filing which got a bit unruly and needs a good clear out! :D

manjay
02-02-2008, 04:11 PM
I want to laminate the inclusive a-z poster someone posted the other day

My ds loves that poster but I couldn't understand his fascination with the letter C. Then I realised he is pointing to the computer which he sees mummy sitting at all day!!

amanda xx

sarah707
02-02-2008, 04:15 PM
My ds loves that poster but I couldn't understand his fascination with the letter C. Then I realised he is pointing to the computer which he sees mummy sitting at all day!!

amanda xx

Hehehehehe! It's good that children see us using technology! :laughing:

Blaze
18-02-2008, 09:20 AM

amanda xx

What poster...i can't find it! Can someone add a link please?
Tasha:)

manjay
18-02-2008, 09:27 AM
You beat me to it Miffy!!

amanda xx

tinytigers
18-02-2008, 09:39 AM
This is what confuses me!! Space :eek:

I have a lovely big living/dining room with freshly decorated painted walls lol but dont think dh would be very happy if I started sticking things on it. Therefore I think I am going to have to use the hall walls and understairs cupboard door. On the wall by the door will have the boring stuff ie sickness, insurance, certificates etc. Then opposite the door (1st things children will see) posters, numbers etc and on the biggest wall some of there work displayed.

I really cant wait am so excited but I know its gonna be at least 4 months with reg process. Have so many ideas.

Blaze
20-02-2008, 12:44 PM
Thanks guys!:clapping:
Tasha:)