PDA

View Full Version : Children's all about me page in learning journal

Helen79
27-02-2009, 12:12 PM
I'm putting together the children's learning journals so was going to put an 'all about me' page in each one. At the moment I just have observations, a few photos of activities & contact info in their learning journal & they feel a bit impersonal iykwim

When the children first started I gave the parents a sheet asking about what the children like, dislike, favourite foods, daily routine etc but didn't get back any information. One parent just said they liked everything.

Just wondering what information you have on your mindees & what info you would put on an all about me page?

elainerut
27-02-2009, 12:34 PM
Ive included a family tree in mine, drawings, achievements ie walking firstwords

Good luck with it :)

sarah707
27-02-2009, 12:36 PM
I have a similar thing and I update it every few months so it shows progression...

I talk about things like what food they like, what their favourite toys are, whethey they need a sleep etc.

If parents don't give me any feedback I make it up from my observations :D

Shar
28-02-2009, 07:58 AM
Me too, I update mine every 6 months from my obs. The first one is done by the parents. :thumbsup:

angeldelight
28-02-2009, 09:58 AM
I'm putting together the children's learning journals so was going to put an 'all about me' page in each one. At the moment I just have observations, a few photos of activities & contact info in their learning journal & they feel a bit impersonal iykwim

When the children first started I gave the parents a sheet asking about what the children like, dislike, favourite foods, daily routine etc but didn't get back any information. One parent just said they liked everything.

Just wondering what information you have on your mindees & what info you would put on an all about me page?

I have a few things that im happy to share if you want to message me your email address

Angel xx