PDA

View Full Version : help! crb checks

lou73
27-02-2009, 12:06 PM
hello i am wondering if any one has any advice, i have no one to talk to about this. a few years ago myself and my husband had an arguement which got out of hand and resulted in him striking me, i had him arrested and cautioned at the time and of course it was listed as domestic violence. it was a complete one of incedent.

i now wish to childmind but i am really worried that his crb could be refused i am really worried as this is some thing i dearly wish to do. thenk you for any help or advice

Tatjana
27-02-2009, 02:37 PM
I think it would be worth speaking to a development officer and see what they think.

At our training days, we were told that once a crb check came back on this man that said he'd been to prison for armed robbery. Ofsted asked him to attend an interview where he explained it was done when he was very young, had mixed with the wrong crowd and had since moved on from all that. Ofsted were happy with what he said and granted his partner registration.

I don't think it will stop you getting registered BUT they might decide to speak to your dh.

Also, how long ago was the caution? As they do eventually expire and don't show on your record.

hth
xx

chewy sweets
27-02-2009, 05:20 PM
On our training day we were told that the only things that would come up on a CRB check were any Convictions. Also I was told that if anything did come up the person would be asked to attend an interview and explain the situation and they would re-asses it.
Hope this is some help- Don't really know much more.
:)

lou73
27-02-2009, 10:24 PM
oh thankyou so much, it has put my mind a bit at ease. i totally understand they need to know children are going to be safe, but didnt want to be penilised by this.
once asgian thankyou for help