PDA

View Full Version : Where do your little ones nap when they are to big for travel cot??

lissy
27-02-2009, 11:53 AM
I used to have my daughters room registered for sleeping and could fit a travel cot in there but now both my daughters are in that room there is no room for cot.

My mindees are now too big for travel cot but occasionally still nap

I have a cot bed mattress which i have kept but not sure if it would look right to find a mindee sleeping on a mattress on the floor?????

What do you all do for mindees napping??

littletreasures
27-02-2009, 11:54 AM
One sleeps in the spare bed, the other sleeps in the pushchair as he won't go down in a cot!!!

Heaven Scent
27-02-2009, 12:04 PM
I have some thin fold up mattresses or if I only have them then they can sleep on the couch and I sit next to them - a good excuse for me to sit down and come on here or watch a little bit of Loose women and have a coffee. I had one (my only one) sleep in my arms yesterday for nearly 3 hours and I watched some recorded programmes and caught up on some phone calls I needed to make and he never stirred not even when the phone rang and I lt it go to the answerphone - he was just shattered - we'd been to rhymetime in the morning so he was shattered plus he was ill all last week and I felt he needed the comfort of sleeping in my arms - I don't normally do this sort of thing.

singlewiththree
27-02-2009, 12:04 PM
I just have a thin mat that is for the floor, I was told by ofsted that was fine and at nursery that is all the older ones do so a mattress is luxury compared to this. There was a post recently about this if you do a quick search you might get some better answers.

Mrs M
27-02-2009, 01:58 PM
Blow up bed, sofa or pushchair. Mine tend to fall asleep in the car if they're going to sleep at all which ends up with me sat in it for up to two hours sometimes! Keep a good book in there!

Mouse
27-02-2009, 02:04 PM
I have a little campbed and camping roll mats, though more often than not the only one who has a sleep drops off in the puschair on the way home from the nursery run & I leave him in it.

Mouse
x

Mollymop
27-02-2009, 02:13 PM
My little mindee sleeps in the buggy reclined back. The older ones 2 plus just usually fall asleep on the settee if they are tired.

Last week I had my mindee with DOwn's (8) fall asleep in the toy box, it was funny to see

chaotic_space
27-02-2009, 02:15 PM
I haven't used a travel cot for a long time as hubby works from home so there isn't anywhere 'quiet' The two older mindees, both aged 2 sleep either end of my sofa and the baby sleeps in his own lay back buggy.