PDA

View Full Version : Feeling Professional now!!!

Lady Haha
27-02-2009, 10:21 AM
Hi! Only been a member here for a week but it has really changed me!!!

Not only did I bring up contracts with a mum this week for not giving me four weeks notice of her holiday, cancel her last free days holiday and got my half rate, but also ended up with her thanking me for being so generous!

Gold star for me.

Got contracts signed last night for twins coming every other Sat and implemented my new NO FREE HOLS/Full charge for absence policy!

Gold star for me.

One mum dropped off her child this morning saying that he had not wanted to come today as my son had threatened to push him into the road yesterday on way home from school (charming child I have)! Kept calm, said I would look into it.....my son admits he said this and made to apologise! Rang mum to tell her I had resolved the situation and wanted to let her know straight away and that my son had to hold onto the pushchair today (I had said her son would, but even though it shouldnt be a punishment, thats how the children see it, so I swapped em round!) Told her I was glad she brought it up as now I have revised the way I walk the children to school and now they must always be in front so that I can see them at ALL times. She ended up telling me not to worry and that I was the best childminder in theworld! (not gonna let her meet you lot then!)

Gold star for me.

Btw,the children I let walk independent of the pushchair are over five years old, so can be trusted within reason to be sensible.

Thank you to everyone who has replied to my posts and everyone else who has posted as it all helps!

Pedagog
27-02-2009, 10:30 AM
Well done.
:clapping:

Pipsqueak
27-02-2009, 10:40 AM
Feels good doesn't it.

Well seeing as you have achieved all these gold stars - think that adds up to a big treat and you get a bottle of wine and/or choccies tonight - whooo:clapping:

angeldelight
27-02-2009, 10:41 AM
oooooooooooooooh well done to you

Def calls for a celebration haha

Angel xx

huggableshelly
27-02-2009, 10:52 AM
fantastic

I reckon this forum link should be handed out at pre-reg meetings, I wish I knew of it when I first started out, now I'm ehre I've gained so much more information and updated quite alot of stuff too.

maybe I can make myself a good girl certificate like I give to my mindees lol

amirose
27-02-2009, 11:17 AM
I agree this is a great site and you should be very proud of yourself, in fact you can have a gold star from me too! :clapping:

geraldine72
27-02-2009, 01:07 PM
well done dealing with parent's is definetely the hardest part of this job i sit and cringe all the way through doing contracts and don't do confrontation. i think we all need to realise though how much we're worth and what a good job we do and that would give us the confidence to face up to the parents. some are a bit scary though and have very high powered jobs and know how to make you feel inadequate, and we are definetely not where would they be without us:)

Rubybubbles
27-02-2009, 01:12 PM
brilliant:clapping:

gold start for finding us:D

peanuts
27-02-2009, 01:21 PM
well done:clapping:

misst104
27-02-2009, 02:03 PM
fantastic

I reckon this forum link should be handed out at pre-reg meetings, I wish I knew of it when I first started out, now I'm ehre I've gained so much more information and updated quite alot of stuff too.

maybe I can make myself a good girl certificate like I give to my mindees lol

We told all the girls at our dhc about it and they all wrote down the site address!!

Well done to you. Give yourself a big pat on the back. Glad you are feeling proud of yourself :clapping:

x

Mollymop
27-02-2009, 02:04 PM
yay! well done

I was a member of this site long before I actually registered so I was trained up from these lovely ladies and fellas on how to be tough with parents, luckily Ihave only had to be a few times in the past.

Bananabrain
27-02-2009, 02:05 PM
Good for you,make sure you keep it that way!
Childminding is a great job, I think it has done my family a world of good,but it can also be exhausting,stressful and emotionally trying.

Don't ever undervalue yourself.

Tatjana
27-02-2009, 07:19 PM
That's great, good for you for tackling all of that! I agree, this site is fab and soooo helpful.

xx

RedDragon
27-02-2009, 07:35 PM
I'm sorry but I don't like telling anyone about this site - I like to keep it all to myself :blush:

Lady Haha
27-02-2009, 08:36 PM
:D Thank You!

Rubybubbles
27-02-2009, 08:40 PM
I'm sorry but I don't like telling anyone about this site - I like to keep it all to myself :blush:

nout wrong with that! I know a few on here are the same!

elainerut
27-02-2009, 08:53 PM
You go girl, stick to your guns:thumbsup:

jibberjitz
27-02-2009, 09:14 PM
Well done :clapping: