PDA

View Full Version : Why dont parents.........

berkschick
02-02-2008, 10:46 AM
Call you back to let you know after a visit!

I had 3 parents visit week before last. 1 signed up, 1 was going to bring her husband to meet me and the other was going to look at nurseries and let me know yesterday.

I also had a call about collecing a boy from nursery every day and having him until 6pm for 6 weeks as she was having problems with her minder. I said I would find out if I could have him in my numbers ( he was 5 but doesnt start fulltime school till easter, its the way it works at some schools round here) so she was going to call back on Thursday.

I havent heard from any of these parents!

My mobile, home phone and email address are on all my adverts. I know they might feel uncomfortable ringing and telling me they dont want me but a quick text or email would only take a second!

Im really annoyed that the people who came to visit were here 2 hours each, had cups of tea, etc yet they cant be bothered to text! aaaggghhhhh!

sarah707
02-02-2008, 10:52 AM
You are at the bottom of their list of priorities... you are only important to them when they are poking round your house and asking you questions... some of them don't know what they want to do and are wasting your time... some of them already have care lined up (relatives etc) and are just poking around wondering if someone else is better... some of them are registered childminders who haven't started working yet and want your welcome pack so they can copy it... some of them have visited every childminder in a 15 mile radius and can't remember who you are...

I'm sure I can come up with more if I have a longer think! :D

Mollymop
02-02-2008, 11:40 AM
It must be horrible when you get your hopes up and you expect them to ring you and sort it out, etc. But i guess they probably forget, you might find they will ring you back in time.
Let's hope so. XX

deeb66
02-02-2008, 04:01 PM
As Sarah says....you are low on their priorities and unless they actually want to place their kids with you they hardly ever get back to you.

I alway tell a parent that I will hold the place until XXXXXX day and if I haven't heard from them I will assume they don't want it and will offer it to someone else.....

At least that way I am not left holding on wondering if they are going to ring me back or not.

sarah707
02-02-2008, 04:17 PM
That's a really good idea Dee! I had a mum come round the other day and she hasn't got back to me yet and it is blooming annoying! I wish I'd said that to her, I could move on then... :D

Splish Splosh
02-02-2008, 04:32 PM
know how you feel !!! had a lady come to see me last week she went telling me that she would speak to her husband and get back to me later that day!!
I had yet to here, just so happened to park next to her in local supermarket to be told i havnt made up my mind yet and i will still ring you!!!! hence her place went on friday an is no longer available to her!!! I do think that they believe we have unlimited spaces and their children are priority!!

susi513
02-02-2008, 06:01 PM
I think there are 2 main reasons -firstly its not very nice to tell someone they're not the person you've chosen, also if it doesn't work out with their first choice they probably think its easier to spin a yarn about why its taken so long to get back to you rather than ask you for a place after they told you they didn't choose you iyswim.

I now give people an application form and tell them I am not holding a place for them and will continue to see other parents until I get the application form back with deposit (they don't need to know if no-one else has enquired!). Two out of my last 3 interviews returned the months deposit in less than 12 hours!

Its frustrating to be waiting, especially if you got on really well and are feeling very positive its a real let-down if they don't ring back. I've learned now not to do a projection of my potential earnings, buy any new equipment/toys etc or turn away anybody else until I've got a signed contract & a deposit in my bank. Unfortunately, its only a small minority of parents who take a moment to let you know they don't need you.

sar
02-02-2008, 06:22 PM
Know how you feel had a lady ring me monday afternoon desprite did have have a space yes i said .She came tuesday afternoon with her mum and baby. All went well baby was hungery mum had no food and i didnt have anything themum wanted .so she went rang me later tuesday nite to say she liked my setting and could she start thursday ok i said but she was coming to do contracts early thursday because she couldnt get to me wednesday i siad i dont do it like that but i could see she was stuck for time and i thught ok i doit this time.Went shoppping for new baby things i didnt have a trvel cot for nap time so spent 159 quid in toys r us i have never looked after a baby so i did get quiet a bit of stuff but it was what i needed. thursday morning came i was up ready at 7.00am and she never came i rang at 9.00am and her husband said owww i think she arranged for her mum to have the baby now didnt she ring and tell you .NOOOOOOOOOOO i couldnt belive it i had spet out and she couldnt even be bothed to tell me what a ***** :mad: :mad: :mad: