PDA

View Full Version : advice please

Bex1
27-02-2009, 09:18 AM
Hello

I have a lady coming today to sign contracts but I was just wondering what else I need to get ready? I have the contract, permission form and 'all about me' questionnaire for her to take away and we will also be arranging settling in sessions?

Do i need to get anything else ready? This is my first contract so I am not sure what to do!

Thank You

Pipsqueak
27-02-2009, 09:20 AM
Have you got a copy of the "biggie" policies and procedures to give her perhaps? Safeguarding, Inclusion, Fees and payments, health/safety, hygiene. Have you talked through them with her?

Sounds like you are doing just fine - hope it goes well.

avril
27-02-2009, 09:21 AM
Maybe talk through obs and planning see if she can give you any ideas and pointers to were her child is up to.

Bex1
27-02-2009, 09:27 AM
I have my policies and procedures folder which I will show her and she can take away but I wanted to get copies done but my printer/scanner has decided, as its friday, it will refuse to operate! So I think I may let her take the folder away and ask if she can get it back to me next week as I have another lady coming to sign contracts next week so I need it then!

Do you give them policies and procedures to keep or just let them look at?

Chatterbox Childcare
27-02-2009, 10:06 AM
Sounds like you are organised.

I don't let my copies go.

Ripeberry
27-02-2009, 10:09 AM
Might be best to give them to her by e-mail that way she can print out her own. I want to be able to keep my policies folder at home and i will e-mail, put on CD anything the parent wants but the master copies stay with me!
You might not see your policies again!
Reminds me, i should start printing out copies for a spare folder just in case :panic: