PDA

View Full Version : Ready Beds

venus89
26-02-2009, 07:47 PM
Following on frm the toddler getting too bug for the travel cot, I have two 2 year olds who I currently plonk happily in the travel cot for their sleeps. One rarely sleeps here anyway but the other always does and thus far doesn't seem to have thought of trying to escape (yes, i AM touching wood!). They are both due to start preschool in September.

I'm thinking that I oguht to start thinking about moving on from the travel cot 9or at least having a back up plan for when that becomes necessary). So i was looking into In The Night garden ready beds and it got me wondering what happens regarding hygeine if you use a ready bed for more than one child? Do you put a sheet over the bit they lie on? The bit the lie under would still be the same though so does that go against Ofsted regs?

singlewiththree
26-02-2009, 07:59 PM
I have readybeds for when we go camping and to wash it you have to put the whole thing in the washing machine so that isn't an easy option, quick drying though but seems flimsy and not sure how many washes it would stand before it started to split.

I can see the logic of a sheet but how you would get it to stay put I don't know.

FizzysFriends
26-02-2009, 08:01 PM
May be you could make a sleeping bag type thing out of sheets and put inside? I take the cover off ours and wash it, but I agree with the above, I don't think it would last long if you are washing it daily.

FizzysFriends
26-02-2009, 08:02 PM
Just a though, what about using the fold out foam mats, that way you could use a sheet and blanket.

venus89
26-02-2009, 08:02 PM
So it's a fairly impractical idea then? I was hoping for something which would make them want to stay put!

rickysmiths
26-02-2009, 08:03 PM
I have 2 ready beds one for each of the two year/3yr olds and I just take the removable cotton cover off and wash it, not had any problems with the los sleeping in them or the washing of the covers. Been using one of them every day just about since Sept.

I thought they might escape but they don't and they seem to sleep I have to wake the older of the two, she sleeps for 2hrs+.

venus89
26-02-2009, 08:07 PM
Just a though, what about using the fold out foam mats, that way you could use a sheet and blanket.

I think that would be my second thought. i'm no seamstress but I should be able to construct a sleeping bag style thing out of a duvet cover..... Up till now I've had parents supply the bedding but I'mthinking if it's exciting (ie ITNG then they're more likely to not wander.....

geraldine72
26-02-2009, 08:09 PM
i use a big exercise mat got from toys r us and the sheets changed every day and mat is easy wiped down with anti-bac this works well for me and comfy for kids. to make it more appealing i get in night garden thomas fleeces etc really cheap from bm shop about £5. hope this helps.

Geraldine:idea:

venus89
26-02-2009, 08:13 PM
i use a big exercise mat got from toys r us and the sheets changed every day and mat is easy wiped down with anti-bac this works well for me and comfy for kids. to make it more appealing i get in night garden thomas fleeces etc really cheap from bm shop about £5. hope this helps.

Geraldine:idea:

Sorry to be thick but what is the bm shop? :blush:

geraldine72
26-02-2009, 09:47 PM
it might be b&m it's great it sells everything there's probably one near you they bought over all the au naturalles. i'm sure somebody you know will know where one is:)

Alibali
26-02-2009, 09:48 PM
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Guest-bed-Chair-bed-Sofa-bed-Pattern-colours-Z-Bed_W0QQitemZ270318630277QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Hom e_Garden_LivingRoom_Sofas_UK?hash=item270318630277&_trksid=p4634.c0.m14

I just got one of these and the kids love it. It only takes seconds to put up and the lo's can help and I just put a sheet over it and they still use their individual blankies.

littletreasures
26-02-2009, 10:54 PM
You can get sheet sleeping bags from camping stores like Millets.

This would solve your problem. That way you can use the ready bed and just put one of these inside it for each child.

http://www.millets.co.uk/camping/sleeping-equipment/sleeping-accessories/product/095009.html

I'm sure there are cheaper options somewhere

Alibali
27-02-2009, 06:05 PM
OOOhhh I just got some snuggle sacks from Tesco today for £5.00:D :D They are like little sleeping bags only in fleece. I got a Wall i one and an HSM one

Alibali
27-02-2009, 06:08 PM
http://direct.tesco.com/q/R.204-3740.aspx

This is them, only a fiver in store though:D

louni
28-02-2009, 05:21 PM
I have 2 large home made bean bags for the 2 older little ones,each child has their own blanket and sheet to use on the beanbag, I have done this for quite a few years now and the children seem to love them...