PDA

View Full Version : query about an enquiry

Bex1
26-02-2009, 03:01 PM
Hi
I've had a lady contact me about looking after her little girl for 3 days a week from 8.00 - 12.30 and then walk her down to Nursery.

She said in her email she is starting new job and wont know her exact hours of finishing so I may have to pick her little girl up again at 3.30. She also said the employer wants flexibility and may therefore need her to work longer hours but cant tell me anymore until starts her new job but wants me to have her daughter when she starts her new job....if she is not sure of exact hours how can I sort contract etc?

Anyone help before I get back to her!

Daftbat
26-02-2009, 03:59 PM
If you have the room to take the child on in the afternoons as well at the moment i would make out a temporary contract stating expecting times but that you will be flexible until completel hours are known BUT - set a definite date by which the hours must be sorted e.g 14 days from start. In the contract you can state that if nothing further is known by that date then the contract will revert back to the original days/hours and you will be free to look for other work to fill the places.

Mrs M
26-02-2009, 04:01 PM
I work with one family on temporary contracts. I do, however, request they give me their required dates and times four weeks in advance so I can plan. I would say it depends how much you want this contract as she would be taking a space which could be worth more money.
If you're an NCMA member you can purchase temp contracts from them.