26-02-2009, 02:46 PM
I want to build up a good selection of books

What ones have you got that are either

A, a hit with the kids
B, a hit with ofsted

flora
26-02-2009, 03:01 PM
Chocolate mousse for greedy goose is a hit at the mo in our house :thumbsup:

Mrs Ofsted didn't comment on my amazing collection of books that show all sorts of people, places, houses, animals, feelings, disabilites so I can't advise you there :(

Amaranth
26-02-2009, 03:33 PM
Our kids love:
Who's on the loo
The gruffalo
Dear Zoo
and the usbourne farmyard tales books.

Ofsted inspector was not interested in my book either! She never even looked at them, or any of the toys for that matter! :rolleyes:

Polka Dots
26-02-2009, 03:55 PM
Ofsted inspector pointed out The Gruffalo in my book pile and seemed pleased.

I've also got Dear Zoo, We're Going On a Bear Hunt, The Tiger who came for tea, The Hungry Caterpillar, Ten Little Ladybirds amongst some others.

cherry
26-02-2009, 03:56 PM
My inspector didn't look at my books either but she was impressed that I had a quiet corner for the children to sit and read them:rolleyes:

rickysmiths
26-02-2009, 03:59 PM
Chocolate mousse for greedy goose is a hit at the mo in our house :thumbsup:

Mrs Ofsted didn't comment on my amazing collection of books that show all sorts of people, places, houses, animals, feelings, disabilites so I can't advise you there :(

My inspector was the same. I hoping that now I have made a few story sacks she might be more interested next time.

loocyloo
26-02-2009, 04:27 PM
mrs ofsted didn't comment on my books either!!!;)

however, i have some lovely 'inclusion' type books that feature children etc from all round the world and she listened to me reading them to the children! the children do seem to enjoy thse stories, and we all love the global babies book! (so cute!)

global babies isbn 978-1-58089-174-5
my granny went to market barefoot books
we all went on safari barefoot books
carrying isbn 1-84089-488-1
here we go round the mulberry bush barefoot books

otherwise, the current hot books are the 'wheres wally?' collection with the 5+'s and pig in the pond/peace at last with the little ones.

xxx

Daftbat
26-02-2009, 04:32 PM
Make sure you have a wide range of books for all ages.

singlewiththree
26-02-2009, 04:56 PM
I've listed the "important" books under my continuous provision and themed them into Multicultural, experiences etc.

Mine love

Topsy and Tim (loads of multiculural, disability and experiences)
Any Rod Campbell books
Hungry caterpillar
Grufalo
Were going on a bear hunt
Little Princess books

I also have some for the older ones just short reading books.

Mollymop
26-02-2009, 05:00 PM
I have too many books. There are no real favourites to be honest.
I have lots of multicultrial ones, and was really disappointed when ofsted didn't even look my books all neat in my book corner:(

Roseolivia
26-02-2009, 06:27 PM
Inspector wasn't interested in my books and i have loads and even have reference books for the older kids if they need homework help. I find the kids enjoy rhyming books like Hairy Mclarey, pop up books, animal books. To tell you the truth all the kids are different and like different books so i just buy what looks interesting to me(usually from the book people)

loocyloo
26-02-2009, 06:37 PM
now i think of it, inspector did spend time in my playroom, and i have big book shelves there, one with my reference/text books/eyfs etc, another with childrens reference/cookery/ideas books and another (lowest!) with story/picture books etc ... maybe she was looking at them!

i also have box in sitting room of library books.

oh , and another book i love is called 'for every child' in conjunction with unicef, phrases and pictures linked to rights of the child.

we have hundreds of books, they are one of my weaknesses!

Jules27
26-02-2009, 06:48 PM
we have hundreds of books, they are one of my weaknesses!

Ditto!!! Can't come back from a bootsale with out at least 5!!! lol!!!:D