PDA

View Full Version : DHC unit 4 - any tips!

Chatterbox
26-02-2009, 02:07 PM
Hi! I am a Forum Virgin, so still finding my feet on here!
I just this morning got my results back for my dhc unit5 and I was ecstatic to get an A! I got a B on my unit3 and have nearly finished my unit4 - however although I am good with the subject 'working in partnership', I am finding this one a bit of a no starter off the back of the last one! I am a (just a tiny bit okay....!!) perfectionist and now I am wanting to get a good grade again, but its not flowing!!!!
Anyone done this one and got some good tips???? Much appreciated! x

mertonparker
26-02-2009, 02:49 PM
:thumbsup:
Hi! I am a Forum Virgin, so still finding my feet on here!
I just this morning got my results back for my dhc unit5 and I was ecstatic to get an A! I got a B on my unit3 and have nearly finished my unit4 - however although I am good with the subject 'working in partnership', I am finding this one a bit of a no starter off the back of the last one! I am a (just a tiny bit okay....!!) perfectionist and now I am wanting to get a good grade again, but its not flowing!!!!
Anyone done this one and got some good tips???? Much appreciated! x

Hello :) and welcome to the forum

Congratulations and well done for your grades so far :thumbsup:

I am doing the DHC and have so far completed units 2 & 3. I'm now on unit 4. Is there a particular criteria that your stuck on ?

mertonparker.x

hopskip30
26-02-2009, 02:50 PM
Hiya

Sorry I can't be of any help but wanted to let you know I am with you on this one!

This is my first unit after the ICP and have to admit I have found it a bit of a struggle, I kept going round and round in circles and found it difficult to get a format or structure to the assignment... I put this down to it being years since I did an assignment!

I think I am finally getting there, I have done all of the E questions, B and C (which was a nightmare!) and I am working on B now.

Good luck with it all

Julia x

Chatterbox
26-02-2009, 04:26 PM
Hi mertonparker!
This is going to sound really...erm...thick, but I can't even really get off the first post! My habit is to leave it all to the last fortnight and then be up to stupid o'clock if not the whole night!
I am like this with each one that I do, but DHC 5 was good because you had the obs to start you off - this one, for eg, e2 family structures - I know the answer to that one, but functions???? Am I just looking at these too analytically? But it stumped me! On unit 5, e3 keep me confused for about 3 weeks, and it was so simple in the end!
I can talk about all these until the cows come in, but write them....I am the type of person that 'why say it in 10 words if you can write a page on it'!!! Hence, Chatterbox!!!
x

Chatterbox
26-02-2009, 04:29 PM
Hi Julia!
When is your deadline? Do you leave it to the last minute or are you good and do it as you go...which was my intention this time, but alas, that is nearly over now!!
Well done for getting so far with it - I will look forward to being in that place soon....!
x

sdean
26-02-2009, 05:37 PM
Hi - I am just doing unit 4 Cache assignment now - nearly at the end of it. I have completed Unit 1 and 3 so far. I find it hard going - especially at the end of the day which is the only time you have to do it.

Is there any question you are struggling with or just struggling to get going with it? :) :)

mertonparker
26-02-2009, 09:23 PM
Hi mertonparker!
This is going to sound really...erm...thick, but I can't even really get off the first post! My habit is to leave it all to the last fortnight and then be up to stupid o'clock if not the whole night!
I am like this with each one that I do, but DHC 5 was good because you had the obs to start you off - this one, for eg, e2 family structures - I know the answer to that one, but functions???? Am I just looking at these too analytically? But it stumped me! On unit 5, e3 keep me confused for about 3 weeks, and it was so simple in the end!
I can talk about all these until the cows come in, but write them....I am the type of person that 'why say it in 10 words if you can write a page on it'!!! Hence, Chatterbox!!!
x

Hi Chatterbox...
Have you got the DHC for c.minders & Nannies book by sheila riddall-Leech?
This is a great resource, gives you tips and also runs thru bits with you-although you do still have to read between some lines...they dont just give the answers to us (shame)

mertonparker.x

Chatterbox
26-02-2009, 10:36 PM
Hi Sdean!
The latter - bit slow to get started - just got back from my unit 4 session and feeling a bit more inspired, next thurs and sat are our last sessions - so fingers crossed I can get a proper go at it tomorrow, with fresh eyes! I was gonna start some now but I would be up til 2, so bring on tomorrow....:laughing:
Thanks! x

Chatterbox
26-02-2009, 10:42 PM
Hi Chatterbox...
Have you got the DHC for c.minders & Nannies book by sheila riddall-Leech?
This is a great resource, gives you tips and also runs thru bits with you-although you do still have to read between some lines...they dont just give the answers to us (shame)

mertonparker.x

Hi again! Thank you for your message!
I make myself sound so thick on here, and I'm not - I just dont do writing it down very well! Sorry! :blush:
I do have the handbook, yes thanks, but don't always find that it hits the right buttons for me!! Only because I make it really difficult for myself, and look overly deep into the questions - I should really try just noting it down at face value....could surprise myself.... xx

mertonparker
26-02-2009, 11:30 PM
Hi again! Thank you for your message!
I make myself sound so thick on here, and I'm not - I just dont do writing it down very well! Sorry! :blush:
I do have the handbook, yes thanks, but don't always find that it hits the right buttons for me!! Only because I make it really difficult for myself, and look overly deep into the questions - I should really try just noting it down at face value....could surprise myself.... xx

Good evening...your not alone in over analysing...its my downfall :blush:
I too am not good at getting what I want to say wrote down. Everytime I read the questions I seem to read it differently... if that makes sense?
Hope your going in the right direction and that I havent confused you more.

mertonparker.x