PDA

View Full Version : I Need some help People!!!

katickles
01-02-2008, 11:25 PM
Oh my gosh i feel sooooooooooooo down!!!!!

I left work mid Feb 2007. I had planned to go back to work 6 mths after my baby girl had been born, but my boss shafted me & it turned out i had no job to go back to!!!

Anyway - I thought about being a childminder & did all the courses - i enjoyed them!!!:ROFL1:

I really need the phone to ring - i need mindees, please everyone send me some luck - i feel its my time:clapping: :clapping:

angeldelight
01-02-2008, 11:29 PM
I am sure it will happen soon Kate

Be patient

I am sending you heaps of good luck vibes

Angel xx

mamapink
01-02-2008, 11:29 PM
hi

kate i wish you lots of luck

from what i have read from here you sound a lovely sweet person so i am sure parents will feel the same

here are some good luck stars

********** well they worked for my daughters spelling test

bye
xx

charleyfarley
01-02-2008, 11:35 PM
I'm sure the phone will ring very soon for you

Just advertise yourself as much as possible.

Anyone you speak to mention you are a REGISTERED childminder.

Good luck and fingers crossed the phone rings in the morning

Carol xx

Pipsqueak
02-02-2008, 12:43 AM
Get some business cards from Vistaprint and make up some flyers.

Put some flyers in your car (rear and side windows), and hit your local area shops, especially the hairdressers (I have just had an advertising campaign and have scored 3 phone calls in the last 24hrs from the hairdressers and barbers), make sure you get your ad up in as many local playgroups, toddler and any place mums and dads go and where children meet (Cubs, Brownies).
Also leave a few business cards at the local big companies - supermarkets, diy stores and around industrial estates, ask for them to go up in the staff room.
Make sure your ad with CIS stays at the top of the list by phone every couple of weeks and "updating" a snippet on it.
And tell everyone that you are a minder (slip it into conversation), get friends to keep hold of a couple of business cards etc.

button68
02-02-2008, 07:56 AM
Kate just like you I registered in January too. I have 2 p/t mindees but need more. I haven't started a serious 'ad- campaign' yet but one local childminder told me to make sure that I give my number to as many other CM's as I can because they will pass your number on if they don't have any spaces.

I also intend to mail shot the local school staff rooms. The parents of the two mindees I have atm are both teachers and it is great because they get collected at a sensible time (usually by 4.30 although contracted until 5.30;)) and we have a term time only contract 50% fees, I have less children in the hols - therefore more time for my own children :thumbsup:

miffy
02-02-2008, 08:00 AM
Nothing to add to the great advice you've already had

Just wanted to wish you good luck

Miffy xx

polobear1970
02-02-2008, 08:57 AM
Keeping smiling, sadly it's one of them things that can take time.

Thinking of you and sending yu good wishes

take care

Lisa

manjay
02-02-2008, 09:57 AM
Sending you lots of good luck vibes!!! I was registered in mid November 2007. I have not advertised anywhere! BUT everyone in the village knows I am a minder. I have just had two after schoolers since Nov but contracts have been signed thick and fast this week and yesterday I had to tell someone that I didn't have space! So it will happen just keep positive

amanda xx

Mollymop
02-02-2008, 10:22 AM
Good luck. I hope you get soem phone calls soon.
It will happen! Just think positively,

mel
02-02-2008, 10:36 AM
Getting started is the hardest time! I hope you get some calls really soon

Mel x

Hopscotch
02-02-2008, 02:21 PM
Wishing you good luck we were all in your shoes at some point, what will happen is you won't get any enquiries then all of a sudden you will be overwhelmed with calls thats what happens to me,
Bev X

deeb66
02-02-2008, 02:33 PM
I will keep everything crossed for you Kate and hope that the phone starts ringing soon.

You know what will happen don't you........once you get one call they will come like London buses.........3 or 4 at a time:laughing:

Good luck

katickles
02-02-2008, 06:18 PM
Oh thanks everyone - you've all cheered me up now!!!

:)