PDA

View Full Version : is it worthwhile being an ncma member?

zoe compton
26-02-2009, 11:23 AM
hi, i'm coming up due to renew my ncma membership. can you please give me your views on whether it really is worth being an ncma member or not? I don't feel i have gained anything this year from it but i do worry about not having the legal advise line or legal cover...but thats about it...i know morton micheal offer insurance cheaper than ncma is this the wy to go? thanks

Blaze
26-02-2009, 12:14 PM
I know a lot of members have switched to MM & they seem to be a lot more helpful with non-paying parents! I am seriouly considering switching to MM myself!

Bushpig
26-02-2009, 12:16 PM
I know a lot of members have switched to MM & they seem to be a lot more helpful with non-paying parents! I am seriouly considering switching to MM myself!

So am I to be honest... NCMA don't do anything for me personally... and MM seem good!

hbomb1
26-02-2009, 12:22 PM
I'm currently with NCMA and my insurance is due next month. Not sure about switching though as I like the 10% discount at ELC....do MM offer any discounts for various retailers??

charleyfarley
26-02-2009, 12:27 PM
I'm currently with NCMA and my insurance is due next month. Not sure about switching though as I like the 10% discount at ELC....do MM offer any discounts for various retailers??

You get that discount for being a childminder not for being with NCMA SO IF YOU SWITCHED YOU'D still get it.

I'm still with NCMA after 10 years, probably should swop but I do like their paperwork. Can't really comment on MM as I haven't seen theirs. Perhaps I should consider changing next time

Carol xx

hbomb1
26-02-2009, 12:29 PM
You get that discount for being a childminder not for being with NCMA SO IF YOU SWITCHED YOU'D still get it.

I didn't know that :blush: Thought it was because I was insured through NCMA :blush:

huggableshelly
26-02-2009, 12:32 PM
I'm with NCMA though have not had to use them for legal reasons but I like the paperwork they offer.

I have no idea if MM offer premade contracts and child record forms, do they offer accident books and registers too ?

rickysmiths
26-02-2009, 12:52 PM
I have always been with NCMA. I do like their paperwork. I also like the fact that as a childminder through NCMA I get a real say in the future of childminding.
Have been on a local childminding association and I am now on the East Region Forum Committee, even being able to go the forum meeting (there are these meetings all over the country) has given me an insight as to how things tic and now I can actually have an influence on what happens in future.

For example the forum meetings last month were asking for our opinions about Childminding Networks. This information is then taken by members of our forum to a national meeting and it is fed back to Head Office who can then lobby the right people and organisasations to try and get changes to happen.

NCMA represent us in all sorts of arenas and help to raise awareness of childminding. There are all sorts of things they do.

I don't think MM offer any of this.

Angela234
26-02-2009, 01:24 PM
I started with MM then tried NCMA for 3 years now gone back to MM

I prefer MM parent information forms and contracts don't see the gains for 4 quarterly mags

Angela

zoe compton
27-02-2009, 09:55 AM
thanks for your views ladies x

Chatterbox Childcare
27-02-2009, 09:57 AM
I switched back to NCMA from MM as MM insurance didn't cover any over 8's playing outside unaccompanied which wasn't any good for my teenagers.

HomefromHome
27-02-2009, 10:07 AM
never had a prob wi ncma and i do like all there paperwork

also parents have heard of it so looks good on paper!:D