PDA

View Full Version : Just asked for loads on freecycle!

Spangles
01-02-2008, 09:16 PM
I just put a message on Freecycle - do you think I'll get anything?

I asked for a sand/water table with lid, rainbow aquadraw, toy tool set, toy food and plates, pop-up tunnel, barbie dolls and clothes, dressing up clothes, bratz dolls, baby doll with clothes and cradle! Plus I said that for health and safety reasons everything had to be of good quality!

Ha ha! I think that's all I put - bit greedy aren't I! Just trying my luck. Do you think they'll put it on? I was honest and said it was for childminding.

ajs
01-02-2008, 09:18 PM
always worth a try

could be an ex childminder or a mum with older kids wanting to get rid of stuff

good luck

charleyfarley
01-02-2008, 09:26 PM
You never know

Hopefully you will get something off your list

Carol xx

Delly
01-02-2008, 09:27 PM
i've heard of this freecycle, whats the www address please :)

sarah32
01-02-2008, 09:28 PM
I put one for a baby walker and said I was a childminder and another childminder mailed and said she had a spare and I could have it. Thought that was lovely.

Ive just out one on for a buggy board and booster seat, no lucxk so far. If you dont try you dont get

Spangles
01-02-2008, 09:29 PM
This is the main site I think

http://uk.freecycle.org/

You then have to find the one in your area and join

LittleMissSparkles
01-02-2008, 09:43 PM
I co own our local site with a lady called Sarah, I initially moderated it and to cut long story short ended up co owning it x

I have just been gifted some display boards/room dividers like at nursery's to display the childrens art work and then i can put it away in the garage if dont want it out.

I give loads of stuff away though too, last weekend I gave our old sleigh bed away that Amy had for a while as got her a new single bed, had 30 emails asking for it, was imacculate solid wood just took up far too much room, Luca's bed will be going on this weekend as we are decorating his room tommorow and getting hima single bed also so he has more room.

Its a great way to recycle your unwanted items and gift them to someone else who can use them and keep them out of landfills

xxx

RainbowMum
01-02-2008, 09:46 PM
There's no harm in asking! My main prob is geting hubby to agree to give stuff away! He is a right hoarder!

miffy
01-02-2008, 09:46 PM
Good luck Lorri - let us know if you have any success

Miffy xx

Hopscotch
01-02-2008, 10:20 PM
I had never heard of this before, but i have just joined one in my area, this is a great idea as i can give away some of the things that i have been hoarding and also i can look out for some things for childminding.
Thanks
Bev X

Mollymop
02-02-2008, 10:17 AM
I've tried becoming a member of my local free cycle, but you have to ask permission and I haven't heard a thing back yet..it's been a week as well:(

emler
02-02-2008, 11:33 AM
I've just tried to register too and I'm having probs grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! Will try again later

Emler x

Minnie Minx
02-02-2008, 11:51 AM
on my local one you wouldn't have been posted as you've asked for quite a lot of stuff :D . You also have to give before asking, which is okay if you've got something you don't want anymore lol, which i haven't but could do with some bits and bobs.

Good luck and i hope someone gets back to you and let us know what goodies you get :)

xxx

emmadines
02-02-2008, 12:25 PM
i put a reply on freecycle for i think it said some thing like, "wanted any boys and girls toys oftesd friendly as im starting up childminding anything would be greatfully received"
they put it on and i only got one reply and they were pretty naff bits! nothing went with anything else in the bag and everything required something to go with it! I did get a toy that has a dancing monkey on top of a drum like thing with a keyboard thing infront of it!!
originally £49.99 in shops.

good luck

Spangles
02-02-2008, 06:50 PM
I think Theresa was right, they haven't put my message on yet which is a bit annoying as I've put furniture on there, tv, exercise mat, straighteners, camera and calendar so it's not like I haven't given anything and you're allowed to offer loads.

I will wait and see but I'm not holding my breath! Bit cheesed about it at mo as was excited! I can't be expected to put a message on asking for one barbie doll can I? Then next month ask for clothes for it?

Spangles
05-02-2008, 10:14 AM
They've put my message on! Yippee! Will wait and see if I'm contacted by anyone!

I'll let you know what happens!

Mollymop
05-02-2008, 11:41 AM
That's great Lorri, :clapping:
But I don't understand my free cycle, it says that u have to ask permission by sending the site owner a message. I did that last week and I haven't heard anything back at all.:(

Have you got to give away things on there first? As it never said I had to do that anywhere.
I wish the free cycle site would make things more clear.

Help please.:)

Banana
05-02-2008, 11:49 AM
I put a messages on a while back for some garden toys but didnt hear anything. I have had some other stuff off freecycle though and some of its been really good. Have also given quite a bit away - I like getting rid of junk I dont want if other people can use it then all teh better!

Although I did have a snooty message from one member on there about why I put in my offer that if the item wasnt collected soon I'd be tipping it.

Got an email questioning why I was not going to donate to charity shop instead and going on about landfill and do I not get the point of freecycle... not a mod... just some random other member.

I politely told her to '* off' and what I do with the stuff is my business if not collected and that I have issues with charity shops and their overpricing and staff wages... which I dont think went down well as she didnt reply again.

Hope you get something you asked for Lorri

x

sarah707
05-02-2008, 11:55 AM
I totally agree Lana - I took some stuff to the local charity shop and they picked over it, chose some items and asked me to take some other stuff (books in good quality and some equally good quality toys) away!

I will not take things there any more - the women were snooty and unnecessarily nasty.

I will give things away or tip them - that is surely our choice of what to do with our stuff! :D