PDA

View Full Version : That was quick!

Minstrel
25-02-2009, 06:35 PM
Only posted my forms to Oftsed monday afternoon and had a call this afternoon to say they'd received them and inspector would call soon to arrange visit.

Two hours later during my dinner she called................:eek:

And she's coming next wednesday!

Where in the world do i start???? i feel like there's a million and one things to do and i cant see me getting any of it done!

HELP!

Twinkles
25-02-2009, 07:15 PM
Only posted my forms to Oftsed monday afternoon and had a call this afternoon to say they'd received them and inspector would call soon to arrange visit.

Two hours later during my dinner she called................:eek:

And she's coming next wednesday!

Where in the world do i start???? i feel like there's a million and one things to do and i cant see me getting any of it done!

HELP!

You don't need to have that much in place for an initial visit. If you can show some understanding of the EYFS , have some risk assesments and some policies in place she will be very impressed.
I have been minding for so long I may be a bit out of touch with initial visits but someone who has been registered recently will be along soon.
Good luck.

Princess Sara
25-02-2009, 07:25 PM
I had my first visit yesterday and really all the lady wanted to know was that my house was safe for children, that I was doing/getting booked onto ICPs and first aid, and that I was reading up on the EYFS.

I got all in a panic and created an entire portfolio of policies, procedures, risk assesments etc and she was very impressed, but said she did not expect this at a pre-reg visit.

- risk assess your home and make a list of what you plan to change to make it safe for children, or even better get it done before she gets there.
- get yourself booked onto all ICP courses and the pediactric first aid course(she wanted to see the letter confirmation for theses.)
-get yourself a copy of the EYFS (free from your county council.)
-complete the 'preparing for my pre-registration visit' booklet that ofsted send you with the CRB forms you need to fill out.

Relax, it is not stressful at all. It's more like a friendly chat to find out how much you know and what you need to learn.

Annie_T
25-02-2009, 08:51 PM
thats great well done and good luck x

Chanelle
25-02-2009, 08:54 PM
OMG !! Minstrel !! You know we posted our forms on the same day !! :panic:

I am now getting all my paperwork out of the draws to organise again !!!!

Just in case !
LMAO!!

Minstrel
25-02-2009, 09:00 PM
Thanks for replys.

so far i have completed all necessary courses- ICP and first aid

completed the pre reg booklet

written 3 policies

got all safety equipment (fire blanket and extinguisher today) but lots not in place as i dont use it for my own children

will write what i will have done before starting ( bathroom door for example needs replacing)

collected all ID she has asked for

Both gardens need a good tidy up so i will concentrate on that plus getting the house clean and tidy

breathe (only if i have time)

Minstrel
25-02-2009, 09:01 PM
OMG !! Minstrel !! You know we posted our forms on the same day !! :panic:

I am now getting all my paperwork out of the draws to organise again !!!!

Just in case !
LMAO!!

hey how come i drew the short straw and got the quick call!

Pipsqueak
25-02-2009, 09:02 PM
make sure you aren't to bunged up hun:rolleyes: ;)

you don't want to clog up essential channels of communication:laughing: :laughing:

sorry couldn't resist:D

Minstrel
25-02-2009, 09:06 PM
make sure you aren't to bunged up hun:rolleyes: ;)

you don't want to clog up essential channels of communication:laughing: :laughing:

sorry couldn't resist:D

yes yes very funny!!! :D

(everyone will be wondering what your on about pip cause the rest is in greens.)

peanuts
25-02-2009, 09:28 PM
thats great good luck with your visit

Pipsqueak
25-02-2009, 09:36 PM
yes yes very funny!!! :D

(everyone will be wondering what your on about pip cause the rest is in greens.)

its good to keep 'em guessing;)

Chanelle
25-02-2009, 09:55 PM
hey how come i drew the short straw and got the quick call!

LMAO ... I guess they think your application is more exciting and I need more time :p

I wish they would call now so I dont come home from work everyday looking at my answer machine with a heavy O feeling in my tummy ! lol

(We are due our inspection at nursery where i work also!!):panic:

marian
25-02-2009, 09:58 PM
Good luck with your visit - I'm sure you will be fine hun :)

Marian x

angeldelight
26-02-2009, 07:42 AM
Thanks for replys.

so far i have completed all necessary courses- ICP and first aid

completed the pre reg booklet

written 3 policies

got all safety equipment (fire blanket and extinguisher today) but lots not in place as i dont use it for my own children

will write what i will have done before starting ( bathroom door for example needs replacing)

collected all ID she has asked for

Both gardens need a good tidy up so i will concentrate on that plus getting the house clean and tidy

breathe (only if i have time)

Sounds like you have everything in order

Good luck

Angel xx

murphyslaw
26-02-2009, 10:57 AM
Good luck with the visit you will be fine...

Laura x