PDA

View Full Version : What is the early years passport?

vix84
25-02-2009, 02:57 PM
Hi - what is the Early Years Passport (Ive just found it in the free downloadables section) and does anyone know where abouts this is in the EYFS?

Ive been taken by suprise - I wasnt going back to Childminding untill May, but now Im going back in 2 weeks so Im getting all the paperwork sorted.
I have to re-read the EYFS pack as I keep discovering bits on here that I have obviously missed - the passport being one of them.

Does this complement your child record form, or do you take some of the repeated questions off of the child record form - example: childs likes and dislike, alergies etc?

sarah707
25-02-2009, 03:03 PM
It's one way of doing a child record form.

There is a lot of talk in Ofsted reports about collecting information about children's starting points...

This is just one idea for setting it out.

However you do it, you must show what the parents think the child is capable of and how you use this information to work with them :D

vix84
25-02-2009, 03:06 PM
I was going to give the parents some 'All about me' sheets where I will ask them questions such as: what does your child enjoying, what can your child do, how does your child like to be comforted etc.
So maybe I should scrap the passport as it will all be repeated.

Is the passport term actually used in the EYFS anywhere?

sarah707
25-02-2009, 05:18 PM
No it's not. It's just one way of doing it.

I have always used an all about me sheet :D

vix84
25-02-2009, 06:23 PM
No it's not. It's just one way of doing it.

I have always used an all about me sheet :D

Thanks Sarah
:)

angeldelight
26-02-2009, 07:53 AM
Hi - what is the Early Years Passport (Ive just found it in the free downloadables section) and does anyone know where abouts this is in the EYFS?

Ive been taken by suprise - I wasnt going back to Childminding untill May, but now Im going back in 2 weeks so Im getting all the paperwork sorted.
I have to re-read the EYFS pack as I keep discovering bits on here that I have obviously missed - the passport being one of them.

Does this complement your child record form, or do you take some of the repeated questions off of the child record form - example: childs likes and dislike, alergies etc?

If you want to message me your email I can send you a booklet

Angel xx