PDA

View Full Version : Illness and when to call mum?

tigger
25-02-2009, 01:10 PM
My lo is not 100%. Very pale, quite with bit of a temp. She had a nasty nappy yesterday and has not really eaten with me today and is definately not herself. Spoke to mum and told her and she said Calpol's in the bag. When would you ask them to come and collect her? I am looking after another one so obviously if it's a bug I don't want them to catch it, should I wait a until her temp is higher or should I er on the side of caution.

Juddster
25-02-2009, 01:13 PM
Ive always said if the child has a temp and is not well enough in themselves to take part in the normal day they are to be collected. I offer to give calpol immediatley to prevent temp going higher but that they would have to collect. Make sure you have written permission before administering the calpol as under the eyfs verbal is no longer enough

Princess Sara
25-02-2009, 01:18 PM
If you have other children I would call for collection if LO cannot partisipate/needs more attention than usual.

Perosnally, if I didn't have other children and the LO isn't being sick, just looking/feeling unwell I'd keep them for the day and sit and cuddle on the sofa. But with other children to entertain you can't do this.

wendywu
25-02-2009, 02:04 PM
If they are happy to sunggle under a cover on the sofa then i would not call the parent.:)

Rubybubbles
25-02-2009, 08:31 PM
Ive always said if the child has a temp and is not well enough in themselves to take part in the normal day they are to be collected. I offer to give calpol immediatley to prevent temp going higher but that they would have to collect. Make sure you have written permission before administering the calpol as under the eyfs verbal is no longer enough

same, what if something got worst. And to say calpol in the bag is a bit of a check tbh:mad:

Mollymop
25-02-2009, 08:34 PM
If a child is too unwell to join in with the others, go on the school run, etc. I would call mum to collect.

Daftbat
25-02-2009, 09:43 PM
If you have other children I would call for collection if LO cannot partisipate/needs more attention than usual.

Perosnally, if I didn't have other children and the LO isn't being sick, just looking/feeling unwell I'd keep them for the day and sit and cuddle on the sofa. But with other children to entertain you can't do this.

I have always tended to do this.