PDA

View Full Version : Assistant help

berkschick
25-02-2009, 09:26 AM
Hubbys job isnt looking too good :( :panic:

He is a contracts manager and there is no work out there in construction at the moment.

There is a lot of childcare work though so we have decided to register him as an assistant so that if the need arises, we have a way of him still earning some income.

Can anyone help me with a letter to OFSTED please?

How likely is it that OFSTED will increase my numbers and what are they likely to be increased too? I am not too bothered about increasing my 5 - 8 numbers but would really need to be able to have 2 or 3 extra under 5's. We have a fairly big house with dedicated playroom etc.

Thanks all!

Minstrel
25-02-2009, 11:46 AM
sorry not able to help with the letter but just wanted to say good luck and hope hubbys job is safe and you dont have to rely on just the one income.

i guess you should be able to increase you numbers but i guess every case is based on its own merit.

i would get hubby moving with the necessaries though...... first aid etc

xxx

huggableshelly
25-02-2009, 11:59 AM
I cant help much either but my Hubby and I have been discussing this too, so I'll be back to see what advise is given.

I did see somewhere in here information about assistants but not sure where it was, will go hunt after lunch as not no kiddies today.

huggableshelly
25-02-2009, 12:02 PM
http://childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=24554

Pauline posted it on a new thread link above for speed

loocyloo
25-02-2009, 03:04 PM
hi ... i have registered my neighbour as my assistant, and as she has 2 under 5's of her own, i needed to make sure, i would still be able to have extra older children!

i wrote to ofsted, just asking advice, and they rang me back, saying that as long as you have enough space ( 3.5m square per under 2, and a bit less for older ... its in the eyfs standards somewhere! ) then that should be fine! they allowed me to have a full 6 under 5 ( when my assistant is working, including our own children ). i just have to apply for a variation each time.

i would give ofsted a call, and if you get a not very helpful person on the helpline, ask to be put through to the department that deals with variations etc.

hth a bit!

xxx

Pauline
25-02-2009, 03:18 PM
i wrote to ofsted, just asking advice, and they rang me back, saying that as long as you have enough space ( 3.5m square per under 2, and a bit less for older ... its in the eyfs standards somewhere! )

xxx

and on my website here:

http://childmindinghelp.co.uk/childspaceratio.html

:)