PDA

View Full Version : does anyone actaully have a list of ALL things that be claimed for (tax)

sammy
24-02-2009, 11:26 PM
i just wondered as looking on this site i keep finding things like-having carpets cleaned twice a year is taxable, and capital allowances anything over £150 is taxable (still not sure on exactly what)

Im just doing my accounts (going back to Oct of last year - yes im naughty) and just want to make sure im not missing out on anything as i want to make my tax bill as minimal as possible?

thank you ladies x

so far ive got

outings
food
petrol 40p per mile
toys
cleaning products
carpets cleaned (twice a year)
capital allowances - on laptop/garden equipment if over £150
ofsted fees
insurance / ncma
presents / cards for minded children
10% on wear and tear on final income
percentage on elec and gas

............ any more

Chanelle
24-02-2009, 11:29 PM
What about things like paper, paint, craft, playdough, ingredients for cooking etc ...

Computer ink ?

I am still pre-reg so no where near this stage and what i have mentioned is prob obvious but thought i would post anyway lol

sammy
24-02-2009, 11:31 PM
yes ive put down comp ink, and i put the crafts things down as my toys section

Chanelle
24-02-2009, 11:39 PM
Hmmm ... what about todler group fees?

ice creams at the park ?

internet useage if afterschoolers use it ?

tv licence if they use the tv or wii ??

i am totally making this up and saying anything just to try and help lmao

... it isnt helping is it ??? lol

huggableshelly
25-02-2009, 07:56 AM
I claim £5.00 a wk on phonecalls too as I do not have free calls throughout the day *hubbys fault* but with that I have to keep a record of the calls i make and the length of time they are.

I've had to make alot of calls lately and been a go between parents and their mobiles as they are no longer talking to eachother grrr.

I've knocked that on the head and told them both I cant afford to make constant calls to their mobiles just becuase they need messages sending on and suggested now they now talk via their solicitor and pay her fees instead .... FUNNY they now talk to eachother again.

wow what a load of waffle LOL

dont forget to put your carseats through the books wrist bands too all stuff like that

loo rolls baby wipes toilet duck if you only use it for your childminding loo
hand wash soap

sarah707
25-02-2009, 07:59 AM
I have put a suggested list on my new website.

I hope you find it useful :D

Although I am sure someone will disagree with something I have put :rolleyes:

Oh hang on there is an old copy on the forum here -

http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=2734

Chatterbox Childcare
25-02-2009, 08:04 AM
Don#t forget your 10 percent for your water and council rates

huggableshelly
25-02-2009, 08:27 AM
ohh!

i've paid tax for 2 years, time to adjust everything using your list so I dont pay anything for this coming year.

HomefromHome
25-02-2009, 09:09 AM
the ncma accounts book gives you the percentages to use for heating, electric, council tax and water rates - you have to work out the hrs you have worked in a week, ie. time first child arrives each day to the time last child leaves each day. this is why the ncma register is useful! :)

sarah707
25-02-2009, 09:17 AM
Statutory information is online here -

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/manuals/bimmanual/bim52751.htm