PDA

View Full Version : suggestions from parents

Alibali
24-02-2009, 07:50 PM
What do you all do about suggestions from parents?

Do you have a suggestion box or do you provide suggestion slips?

If you have slips, what do you write on them?

Trouble
24-02-2009, 07:53 PM
i dont know

mine never suggest anything should i have one?????

PixiePetal
24-02-2009, 07:53 PM
I have a questionaire that i give out every now and then which gives them the chance to comment or suggest ways to improve service. No suggestions yet, just carry on being as lovely as I am!! :D

Trouble
24-02-2009, 07:59 PM
I have a questionaire that i give out every now and then which gives them the chance to comment or suggest ways to improve service. No suggestions yet, just carry on being as lovely as I am!! :D

i have questionaires

and yes im lovely too:D :D :D :clapping:

sarah707
24-02-2009, 08:11 PM
I have questionaires but only one family ever bother to reply.

They like me so that's ok! :D

LaUrA K
24-02-2009, 08:16 PM
i was just discussing with my partner doing something like this. I thort i wud ask u guys but u beat me to it. wat kind of questions do u ask?

Kat
24-02-2009, 08:31 PM
Hi
I have settling in survey after around 1.5month and after 6 onths suggestion survey... works well oh and kids daily diary, emails ... but they never suggest anything :) good :clapping:

Shar
24-02-2009, 09:10 PM
I send out a parents questionare every year and all the parents fill it in. Ofsted were very impressed with the feedback I recieved but there were no sugestions for improvement, just shows that I do ask if there is anything they would like me to do better.:thumbsup:

Ripeberry
24-02-2009, 09:27 PM
What kind of questions do you put on your questionaire? Do you like the food i provide? Is my house tidy? Just can't think what you could ask other than "How can my services be improved?".

hectors house
25-02-2009, 12:04 PM
I borrowed my questions from a questionaire my daughter brought home from her school - parents can grade me from strongly disagree, disagree, don't know, agree, strongly agree on questions like

My child likes the setting and is happy

Good range of toys/activities

Good behaviour is encouraged

The childminder seeks the views of the parents and takes account of their suggestions

The childminder teaches my child about how to stay safe

I have 23 questions in all (I won't bore you with them all) and a box for any other comments - I give this to parents after child has been coming 6 months and then yearly after that.

If I got a don't know to question - I would tell that parent and maybe answer it in full in my quarterly newsletter.

I did think I would put a suggestion box in my hall but haven't got round to it yet!

So hopefully Ofsted (when they come) will have evidence that I work with parents. I want them to come so I can sleep at night - but don't want them to come as I don't think I can ever be ready!

HomefromHome
25-02-2009, 12:06 PM

yep this is what i do:)

Alibali
25-02-2009, 01:53 PM
Thanks guys, I already do questionnaires, was jut trying to think of other ways to 'prove' that I involve parents in decision making.

Alibali
25-02-2009, 02:40 PM
Just made up a suggestions slip, what do you think?

PixiePetal
25-02-2009, 02:51 PM
Just made up a suggestions slip, what do you think?

I like that, another way of having things on paper as 'evidence'. The sort of thing we chat with parents about at pick up or write in daily diary:)