PDA

View Full Version : Garden help

lissy
24-02-2009, 11:31 AM
Currently in my garden i have a 10 foot trampoline with enclosure, little tikes cottage, scooters, crocodile see saw, childs table and benchs, sand/water table.

Can anyone make any suggestions of what else i could do or get to make it better. Have an inspection next week, so would be good to have some ideas of stuff to set up ready???

mabel
24-02-2009, 11:44 AM
sounds great

...........................I am coming round for a play !!

janey81
24-02-2009, 11:54 AM
I have roughly the same as you, bar the cottage.

I have 3 little ones of my own so the extra toys I have is

Football goal
Ride on toys
Hop skotch
Balls
Wheelbarrow
WE are planting seeds next month so have little trowels spades gloves etc for them all

Also got a set free at a toddler group with cones, hands, feet, blow up balls, which is handy.

Also planning to get a swing ball set this year, for the older ones I have

and some of those big bubble sets, my kids have had hours of play with them.

Jane

hectors house
24-02-2009, 01:11 PM
The boys I look after spend most of last summer filling up old squash bottles with our gravel - had to persuade them not to tip it on the grass as the mower and my husband didn't like it!

You could try materials with different textures in big flat trays (get them from garden centres), eg: gravel, shells, bark

Pedagog
24-02-2009, 01:15 PM
How about some container gardens, for growing their own food, some safety mirrors, and some different smelling flowers.

Peppa
24-02-2009, 01:30 PM
All great suggestions, all i have is a trampoline too!

rickysmiths
24-02-2009, 02:13 PM
I have a huge blackboard my dh made out of marine ply the B & Q and we painted it with blackboard paint, it hangs on the fence.

Big chalks to draw on the patio with, it washes off when it rains or when the children water the patio with little watering cans!!!!!

amirose
24-02-2009, 02:43 PM
Lots of great suggestions (particularly like the blackboard idea :thumbsup: ) but whatever you do don't go spend a fortune as it sounds like you have lots already! :D

Angela234
24-02-2009, 03:45 PM
I would say blackboard so they have available mark making outside i want to get a large sheet of clear perspect on the wall for painting onto that will wash off and on a rainy day watch the rain make the paint run

Angela

Tatia
24-02-2009, 04:13 PM
Books and a comfy place to sit and read, if they want. And cardboard boxes in all shapes and sizes. :laughing: Oooh and a tent. They love tents.

Alibali
24-02-2009, 06:30 PM
some ride ons and a big comfy chair for you:laughing: