PDA

View Full Version : how many pancakes have you had then ?

mabel
24-02-2009, 11:23 AM
we made some american pancakes for our elevenses

mmme delicious, little ones loved them ! keep asking for more

I said they can if they eat all their lunch !

Just singing our pancake song now

Five crispy pancakes in a frying pan,
Flip them and toss them and catch them if you can.
Along came Garrett for a pancake one day.
Mom sprinkled it with sugar and he took it away.

then off for a walk,

Peppa
24-02-2009, 11:25 AM
Good song..... I shall be burning pancakes tonight!!!!!!

Well I will try not to but you know, you never know! :blush:

peanuts
24-02-2009, 11:27 AM
my lot had toasted pancakes for breakfast. ive got pancakes for the afterschoolers to eat as well. ive not had one yet but will for my lunch

LOOPYLISA
24-02-2009, 11:29 AM
I think i will be waiting for hubby to get home and do them, last year me and dd both had burns from tossing the pancakes(too much oil):blush: i then dropped the frying pan onto the kitchen lino :eek: we now have a lovely circle shape on the floor :rolleyes:

amirose
24-02-2009, 12:15 PM
Had some last night with the brownies, I swotted up on the meaning of pancake day and said very proudly to the girls "So do you all know what pancake day is" to which they replied "ooh ooh yer yer its err WHEN YOU GET TO EAT LOTS OF PANCAKES!" :laughing:

I will be making the egg free ones with my mindee later when Ive picked her up from school (have no idea how there going to turn out though! :panic: )

Annie_T
24-02-2009, 12:45 PM
none yet but will have a few later

woop woop .(sorry love saying that when happy/excited etc lol)

Spangles
24-02-2009, 12:47 PM
We're waiting until tonight when hubby will do them as I can't toss them, I make a right cackhanded attempt at it and they go wrong! Just get a plate of mush if I do them!

Can't wait, they are scrummy!

hbomb1
24-02-2009, 12:51 PM
I have just made four, but only two were edible :blush:

Made one for my DD (2) and mindee (1). DD only ate a quarter of hers and the rest fell into my mouth. Mindee still eating his. Put a little sugar and lemon juice on ...mmm !

Will be doing it again after school!

Hebs
24-02-2009, 01:10 PM
we are having pancakes for tea, youngest mindee is so excited :laughing:

katickles
24-02-2009, 01:16 PM
We're having ours after dinner tonight aswell. I LOVE PANCAKES, not sure who will be more excited, after schooler & dd or me :D

http://newtickers.bump-and-beyond.com/27/2783/278389.png (http://www.bump-and-beyond.com/)

Peppa
24-02-2009, 01:19 PM
so whats the secret to a good pancake?

Shar
24-02-2009, 01:21 PM
Aunt Bessie's!!:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Peppa
24-02-2009, 01:31 PM
:laughing: :jump for joy: :D

cuddlybunny38
24-02-2009, 01:38 PM
None I dont like them, made them for lo, then wil make some for dh later.

Bananabrain
24-02-2009, 01:46 PM
Made some with mindee and son yesterday.

Monumental disaster:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Boys still ate them though

Peppa
24-02-2009, 01:49 PM
mindees first day! Don't think she will be back next week :blush:

I really want them to work, if i will them hard enough do you think they will!!!!! :o

FizzysFriends
24-02-2009, 02:04 PM
so whats the secret to a good pancake?

Letting the batter rest before using it and using the pan at the right temp

vix84
24-02-2009, 02:19 PM
Has anyone got the batter recipe? Im not minding yet - but am still going to celebrate pancake day! Just cant remember the quantities:blush:

rickysmiths
24-02-2009, 02:20 PM
Only one mindee this afternoon so will make some for family tonight but do with mindees tomorrow.

We are doing the no heat method!:clapping: :clapping:

Take one paper plate:
add one coloured pancake
plus coloured slices of fruit
plus glue!!!

or the pizza pancake with tomato paste base then add slices of veg coloured and cut up yellow tissue fot the cheese topping.

Rubybubbles
24-02-2009, 02:33 PM
none:littleangel: on a diet!

I have bought some ready made ones as I can;t make them! for the mindies

then at the weekend when hubby back he will make the kids some:clapping: he makes lovely pancakes (shame I won't be eating them!)

loocyloo
24-02-2009, 02:37 PM
we've gone a bit pancake mad here! :laughing: :clapping: :laughing:

pancakes for breakfast, with fruit.

sweetcorn pancakes for lunch ( thick and chunky, great with ketchup )

sweetcorn pancakes and pikelets ( mini pancakes, like you can buy ) with assorted spreads for afterschool snack

pancake tuna rolls (and veggies) for tea followed by sweet pancakes!

i have spent the afternoon making them, and will just heat them up when we need them! other wise, takes too long!

i find the best thing to do, is to mix batter in blender, then let it rest for 1/2 hr or so, give it another quick spin and use. i have a small non stick frying pan that i only use for pancakes ( not that we have them that much! ) and i brush with a dribble of vegetable oil before each pancake!

basic pancake recipe
125g plain flour
pinch salt ( i usually forget! )
1 egg
300ml milk

oil for frying

sift flour and salt into a bowl, make a 'well' in the centre, break egg into centre, mix well , gradually add milk, mixing in flour as you go to make smooth batter.

BUT! i do it in the blender ... putting milk and egg in first, then adding flour and blitzing them alltogther! much easier and faster, and less messy!

heat frying pan, add dribble of oil, pour a little batter into pan, enough to thinly coat bottom of pan, cook 1-2 mins, toss/turn ( i never toss untill pancake already cooked both sides!!! ) and cook until golden.

hth

loocyloo xxx

mandy moo
24-02-2009, 02:45 PM
I've not had any yet :(
roll on tea time :)

Angela234
24-02-2009, 03:36 PM
We me and 2 mindee's went shopping early this morning and brought toppings lemons, chocolate spread, apples for apple and cininmon, bananas, chocolate and maple sauces

Made pancakes with 2 mindee's here this morning

And again this afternoon with another 2 minddee's who are pm only
(one of morning mindees gone nursery the other has 2 hours sleep pm)

Favourite filling with them was the CHOCOLATE SPREAD they all had a great time choosing different filliing from the table and putting onto their pancakes
some lovely mixtures YUK!

Angela

Daftbat
24-02-2009, 04:34 PM
I've had three with lemon and golden syrup - lovely mmmmmmmmmmmm:blush:

kindredspirits
24-02-2009, 04:35 PM
we had a huge pancake activity planned..... 1 mindee was sent home sick at 11am - after schoolers 1 didn't want pancakes, he's having them at home :rolleyes: and the other said i do want a pancake, but i don't want to make them - he ate one and didn't want anymore!!!!

i would like to make a stack later, but might not as i will feel very guilty afterwards!! :D

sarah32
24-02-2009, 04:39 PM
Made them for my lot after school. All had one each and didnt want anymore.

Not a great lover of pancakes myself, had one and that was enough for me.:)

devoncm
24-02-2009, 04:44 PM
I love pancakes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
and can take advantage as already fat with pregnancy-yay

best recipee- from tesco already in bottle, just add egg or milk whatever it is and dont let stick to pan!

yh i know im cheating but marc not her to make them and ill just botch it up!:blush:

elainerut
24-02-2009, 05:07 PM
Only one mindee this afternoon so will make some for family tonight but do with mindees tomorrow.

We are doing the no heat method!:clapping: :clapping:

Take one paper plate:
add one coloured pancake
plus coloured slices of fruit
plus glue!!!

or the pizza pancake with tomato paste base then add slices of veg coloured and cut up yellow tissue fot the cheese topping.

I like the sound of the paper ones, NO WASHING:laughing:

Trouble
24-02-2009, 05:10 PM
today or yesterday we had them for both

with strawberrys
blueberrys
blackberrys
maple syrup
banana
cho sauce
ice cream

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

huggableshelly
24-02-2009, 06:12 PM
I've had 3, kiddies all had 2 each hubby had umm well the rest!

no cooking tonight as a main meal though

Jules12Wed
24-02-2009, 06:18 PM
After schoolies had 2 each when we got in from school then my own 2 and me have just had 2 each yum yum. No burnt ones thankfully and I didn't toss them.

patevans
24-02-2009, 06:44 PM
I want some but cant make them http://bestsmileys.com/sad/8.gif

Chatterbox Childcare
24-02-2009, 06:46 PM
Mine all had 5 each for tea and I had 2 - oh for the diet - maybe tomorrow!

Trouble
24-02-2009, 06:47 PM
I want some but cant make them http://bestsmileys.com/sad/8.gif

basic pancake recipe
125g plain flour
1 egg
300ml milk

oil for frying

sift flour and salt into a bowl, make a 'well' in the centre, break egg into centre, mix well , gradually add milk, mixing in flour as you go to make smooth batter.

BUT! i do it in the blender ... putting milk and egg in first, then adding flour and blitzing them alltogther! much easier and faster, and less messy!

heat frying pan, add dribble of oil, pour a little batter into pan, enough to thinly coat bottom of pan, cook 1-2 mins, toss/turn ( i never toss untill pancake already cooked both sides!!! ) and cook until golden.

this is loocyloos recipe, if i can make then so can you:D :D

patevans
24-02-2009, 06:51 PM
basic pancake recipe
125g plain flour
1 egg
300ml milk

oil for frying

this is loocyloos recipe, if i can make then so can you:D :D

daisychainqueen
24-02-2009, 07:04 PM
totally flipped out

cooked 40!

ate 2:(

Trouble
24-02-2009, 07:23 PM
totally flipped out

cooked 40!

wow

i have more coming i might have to think about a diet:eek: :eek: :eek:

breezy
24-02-2009, 07:23 PM
totally flipped out

cooked 40!

40 :eek: are you mad?:laughing:

cooked 6 mindees ate them all ( cooked 7 but one was a bit scrambled and no one was brave enough to eat it)

Twinkles
24-02-2009, 07:27 PM
Cooked 18 so far but not eaten one yet :littleangel: ( started weight watchers - again- yesterday )

daisychainqueen
24-02-2009, 07:27 PM
6 kids at snack time all had 2 each,

and then another 6 kids after school they all had 6 each.

hang on my maths isn't very good

that makes 48 and the 2 I had oh and 3 or 4 that went wrong!
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: