PDA

View Full Version : Safety mech for french doors

Delly
01-02-2008, 06:04 PM
Hi, i have french doors in my house leading into the conservatory which i'm intending using for most of my activities when minding.
They are quite dangerous and need something putting on them so when they are opened, they lock in the open position, so the kids cant mess with the doors.
Has anyone had this problem? or know of any solutions, because I;m sure it will be picked up by OFSTED when the come to do my pre reg.

Any ideas?
cheers
dellyx

sarah707
01-02-2008, 06:14 PM
I have a risk assessment that covers my doors and I put over door hangers on the sides when I am working. I also talk to children (constantly some days :rolleyes: ) about not messing with them :D

LittleMissSparkles
01-02-2008, 10:13 PM
Same as Sarah I have door Jammers but only use them in the summer to keep my patio doors open to the garden but same principle x

bubbly
02-02-2008, 01:21 AM
Delly, I have french doors leading into my conservatory too. I bought a couple of hooks to hold the doors permanently open whilst minding. I can unhook the hooks (that sounds a bit daft lol) when the kids go home and close the doors. I got my dad to fix the hooks on. It meant him drilling into the upvc but if it's done slowly there's no damage other than a small hole. Better a hole than trapped fingers. The hooks are at skirting board level and the kids don't even notice them.

deeb66
02-02-2008, 07:24 PM
Delly, I have french doors leading into my conservatory too. I bought a couple of hooks to hold the doors permanently open whilst minding. I can unhook the hooks (that sounds a bit daft lol) when the kids go home and close the doors. I got my dad to fix the hooks on. It meant him drilling into the upvc but if it's done slowly there's no damage other than a small hole. Better a hole than trapped fingers. The hooks are at skirting board level and the kids don't even notice them.

Sounds like excellent advice:thumbsup:

LittleMissSparkles
02-02-2008, 07:27 PM

perfect solution and safe :thumbsup: