PDA

View Full Version : Potty Training Star Chart

claireLouise
24-02-2009, 06:34 AM
Everyone is advising that I start potty training R now (18 months). I agree I do not want to wait until 3 1/2 like my son.

Everyone suggests a Star Chart but not sure how to go about making one, as my son has never had them.

Please if anyone has such a thing could I get a copy.

Thanks

Claire

huggableshelly
24-02-2009, 07:31 AM
this site has free charts , they will give you an idea or make your own or use one of theirs

http://www.stickersandcharts.com/

huggableshelly
24-02-2009, 07:32 AM
oh and just wanted to add too, though you probably already know, you need to get the parents to start potty training and then you follow it up throughout the week, dont do all the work yourself.

i did it and the parents put a nappy back on the child all wkend so by monday I had to start over.

nannysue
24-02-2009, 10:42 AM
There are some nice charts on Childminding Resourses . All free to print.

One of my little ones has arrived this morning in pants:eek: No prior warning or plan of attack. Mum says the potty goes in the lounge but she does not know what to do, or can even say when she needs a wee. Apparantly she has loads of accidents. Mum was late this morning so rushed off ( funny that never late normally) I think she sensed i was not happy !!!! :mad:

I feel a fun day coming on !!:D

huggableshelly
24-02-2009, 10:52 AM
oh dont you just love it when parents do that!

enjoy lol ... hope she has provided tons of changes.

peanuts
24-02-2009, 11:05 AM
there are a lot of sites that you can download for free

Bananabrain
24-02-2009, 02:06 PM
oh and just wanted to add too, though you probably already know, you need to get the parents to start potty training and then you follow it up throughout the week, dont do all the work yourself.

i did it and the parents put a nappy back on the child all wkend so by monday I had to start over.

Absolutely, I had one that I worked really hard with and the parents undone all the good work because they couldn't be bothered.Wanted me to miraculously potty train their daughter overnight!