PDA

View Full Version : HELP!!!!.....

Peppa
23-02-2009, 10:58 PM
Ok I'm very tired and stressed! I am looking for a list of what i need to have to hand tomorrow when i sign my first mindee. I am sure i have asked this before but i can't find nothing while i am stressing out!

(my printer has just wasted the last 1hr and half being on the ****** blink! :angry: )

Have

Childs individual needs booklet
Contract
child record
permission slip
Photos permission slip
Parents hand book

Policys ready to look at along with my training folder.

Debbis is emailing me a letter to look at regarding approaching schools ( which i will sort out tomorrow with my contiuaty ans transition policy - if i can ever understand it.!)

anything else?????

Sorry for being a blooming pest!

Andrea08
23-02-2009, 11:23 PM
Yes my dear you forgotte to breath go on in 234 out 234

ok looks good to me and if all your files and paper work is any order that you understand than if there is something mentioned you can just grab it.

lets be honest there may be things we forgett but you can mention later or as an information letter!!

make a small list of any questions of child/families needs
keep the conversation flowing and,,,GO TO BED NOW!!! chill out and relax hun

STOP PANICING you are good and you will show just how good you are tomorrow and the family will be very happy.

all the best i remember my first and its scary but once over you think "was that it?" trust in yourself and why you are doing this job,, show how fab you are and the children are going to be so happy with you ok

chin up xxx

huggableshelly
24-02-2009, 07:48 AM
sits recalling my first ever! even though she was a parent at the school that I talked tootwice a day I was a nervous wreck but she knew it was my first time and it.

It may help if you let the parent know its your first interview then she will hopefully make allowances especially if she has seen more confident minders too.

breezy
24-02-2009, 07:54 AM
relax and be yourself, the rest will happen and i find if i forget to tell them something they usually ask anyway!!!!!!!!! Also quite a few are nervous themselves!

Peppa
24-02-2009, 10:15 AM
Thank you! I know this child since she was in pre school with my son. I'm just nervous because i want to make a good impression, and a clear business impression! Because i don't want to complicate things with friendship wise. If you know what i mean.

All will be fine i'm sure!

amirose
24-02-2009, 10:26 AM
You WILL be fine! (its a command) :laughing:

I hate trying to make a good impression, everyone does - you are not alone!

Sometimes you make a better impression by forgetting about making a good one and just being you if that makes sense

Peppa
24-02-2009, 10:49 AM
I know what you mean. :D