PDA

View Full Version : I have taken the plunge

TheBTeam
23-02-2009, 03:54 PM
I have just placed my order for the artificial grass so that my garden is more accessible for the little mindees! I can't believe how sad my life has become that I am actually really excited that this time in two weeks it should be done!!!

Along with my new pushchair from NZ that is on its way I think I need to get a life!

karenandsmile
23-02-2009, 03:59 PM
omg how much did that cost you and for how big an area , i did the cheaper option and fenced of a dry play area for the children to play(30ft x 20ft) in with a locked gate and when the garden is dry i can unlock the gate and let them out in the rest of the garden, the i do have a large garden to do this. At least your never have to cut grass again

sarah707
23-02-2009, 04:18 PM
I'm trying to get somebody to come and sort out my barked area which is full of mud after the silly fencing guys made a mess of it :rolleyes: Trouble is nobody seems to want to quote.

Well done you for getting the grass - you'll ha ve to let us know how it goes :D

Daftbat
23-02-2009, 04:42 PM
I am awaiting quotes for hard scaping my back garden as most of the year it is waterlogged. Want it to look nice as well as be practical for kids all year round. One quote came in at £2000 (only got a small garden 20ft by 25ft) so hoping others will be less. Had budgeted for half that!:panic:

Angela234
23-02-2009, 06:10 PM
Well done on ordering the grass.

Sarah do you get any trouble with cats fouling the bark area? i have an area about 7ft by 16ft which is grassy/mud at the moment.

Angela

Hebs
23-02-2009, 06:13 PM
i had a quote for the artificial grass and it was £2600 :eek:

getting it turfed for £668 :thumbsup:

louise
23-02-2009, 06:25 PM
That could solve my problem. Our puppie has made a lovely race track in ours over the winter not very nice in a long garden. He has kindly weaved between toys and down the bottom is just mud where he turns. Think is that is where it stays damp. I did think about putting bark down as that is where the swing and slide is but not keen with a dog and 2 cats.
Lou

TheBTeam
26-02-2009, 02:00 PM
Cost £850 for 12sqm! but it will make life so much easier, they are doing it next week hopefully.

haribo
26-02-2009, 02:23 PM
I have just placed my order for the artificial grass so that my garden is more accessible for the little mindees! I can't believe how sad my life has become that I am actually really excited that this time in two weeks it should be done!!!

Along with my new pushchair from NZ that is on its way I think I need to get a life!

you wont regret it ! mine cost similar but id pay double its fab. the littlies have been out there all morning and its so clean-no mud or puddles just a nice safe area. its weird its a bit like a green carpet and crunches underfoot but its lovely i was just thinking this morning its the best money ive ever spent.:clapping:

TheBTeam
03-03-2009, 10:02 PM
Not going so well - they sent the wrong size grass so we have to wait for the job to be finished.

also just found out the courier company from NZ have lost the pushchair!!

Still hopefully sort out soon!

buildingblocks
04-03-2009, 12:02 AM
Is there anyone willing to share their pics of their garden areas especially those of you who have had replacement surfaces to grass. I have a large back garden of which it is mainly grass and this time of year is mainly mud and paretns have objected to them being outside in the mud. SO seriously thinking of investing serious money to redo the back garden completely barked areas or concrete or playground type surface.

Many thanks in advance

Schnakes
04-03-2009, 07:53 AM
I want to get my grassed area decked...quote came in at £1700!! And its a really small garden! Im so bad at saving though, its soooo never going to get done!!!

Sx

TheBTeam
09-03-2009, 08:27 PM
Is there anyone willing to share their pics of their garden areas especially those of you who have had replacement surfaces to grass. I have a large back garden of which it is mainly grass and this time of year is mainly mud and paretns have objected to them being outside in the mud. SO seriously thinking of investing serious money to redo the back garden completely barked areas or concrete or playground type surface.

Many thanks in advance

Will try to get picture for you, the artificial grass is the best thing we have done, we have been in garden everyday, it dries out quickly and we have all been out even the bum shufflers!! The garden looks so much cleaner and tidier and the lack of mess is wonderful.