PDA

View Full Version : Advive reqiured b4 I give up or terminate

patevans
23-02-2009, 01:44 PM
D has had seperation anxiety since he started when he was 6mths now 2yrs. He is getting worse and worse and today has been horrific - I am ready to ring his Mum and say enough. He has screamed the house down even if I have moved from one side of the room to another, he will not play at all. Does anyone lse have this problem or is it just me? What can I do? He was the one who kept crying when I moved rooms during my inspection.

I dont think I can take anymore I have seriously had enough today :angry: I feel like Jacking the lot in.

PixiePetal
23-02-2009, 01:48 PM
Don't jack it all in over one child. 2 is a really trying age - don't we all know it!

Speak to parents and come up with a plan together. Do they carry him around all day just to keep the peace?

Think of your sanity and give yourself a time limit to sort it out or give notice.

angeldelight
23-02-2009, 01:50 PM
Sorry but I have been patient with my screamer for about the same length of time so I know just how stressful it can be

For your own sanity I think you have given it your best shot but maybe its now time to call it a day ( Hey I should listen to my own advice here )

If after working with the parents and doing your best there is no change then you have to let this child go - for your family , your sanity and for yourself

Good luck

Angel xx

Shar
23-02-2009, 01:51 PM
I think 18 months of this sort of behaviour is enough to give notice. Is it worth your sanity?:eek: Do what you think is best for him and yourself. Good luck.:thumbsup:

patevans
23-02-2009, 01:56 PM
His parents mardy him very much and they have just had another baby, he wont eat anymore (used to eat me out of house and home), throws each and every meal on the floor flips the table up or over in a paddy, everytime I speak to him giving praise etc he throws a paddy. Today he has been the worst ever.

People moan when I go to toddlers about him, people wont bring the children round to play anymore because he just screams and screams I dont get invited out because of him.

All mum says is "oh darling" in a pathetic voice. :angry:

Twinkles
23-02-2009, 01:58 PM
I have a whinger too. Not quite as bad as a screamer but very trying.
If I didn't rely on his money I'd give notice.
I keep hanging on thinking he's going to get better - hasn't happened yet :rolleyes:
Thank the big G he's on a term time only contract I get school holidays off :laughing:

Trouble
23-02-2009, 01:59 PM
Sorry but I have been patient with my screamer for about the same length of time so I know just how stressful it can be

For your own sanity I think you have given it your best shot but maybe its now time to call it a day ( Hey I should listen to my own advice here )

If after working with the parents and doing your best there is no change then you have to let this child go - for your family , your sanity and for yourself

Good luck

Angel xx

i agree with angel

enough angel is enough

daisychainqueen
23-02-2009, 02:03 PM
I had exactly the same thing, had him from 6 months, will be 3 in june.

constant clinging to leg, wont play by self, wanted to sit on lap all the time.

he was exactly the same for his parents until they saw an episode of super nanny with a child doing the same thing
:idea: the parents realised what was going on and started to be tough.

no picking up constantly

if he started he wasn't given teddy or cuddles till he stopped

all demanding (crying/screaming) behaviour ignored until he stopped and then he could have a story or attention.

at home he has a naughty corner and a quiet corner

We did the same, it's worked, he is now calmer we only occasionally have a relapse.

We started with a hide and seek game I got him a winnie pooh teddy (his favourite) and every morning I'd hide it, as soon as he arrived we'd all go on a bear hunt me child and parent, it got him in the house, often out in the garden his favourite place. Teddy had a sticker with him as well which child kept on gave to parent.

It was extreamely hard, luckily working with husband so on bad days we could take it in turns.
He was always calmer in garden or out in buggy, on really bad days we had lots of trips out.

the problem is this behaviour effects all the children, in the end if he was crying the others would say x is being silly again.

I'll stop now I've waffled alot
hope that helps:)

Ripeberry
23-02-2009, 02:12 PM
Oh Dear! What hard work. You really need to sit down with the parent and work out a strategy for dealing with this.The parents need to help as well with not piciking him up as soon as he wants to be picked up and then as soon as he CALMS DOWN, then praising him and giving attention for a bit.
The parents are going to have a VERY had time in a few months when the child goes to pre-school as he will be one of the screamers!
One parent at our pre-school a few years ago had a child that would scream ALL the time and even did it with reception class :panic:
But he finally settled down in year one.
Does the child stop screaming when he is outside? If not and the child's parents don't want to co-operate then you will need to give notice as its not fair on you or your other mindees :(

patevans
05-03-2009, 06:44 PM
Had a chat with his parents today because he had a major paddy throwing the door wedge at the door in his temper and screaming louder and louder because I wasn't responding. Mum said he is exactly the same at home with clingy and paddy's and she is ignoring the bad a rewarding the good so at least we are both doing the same. I asked her what she wanted me to do when I leave the room and he screams and she said leave him cos he needs to learn!!

Jules27
05-03-2009, 09:25 PM
Know what your going through, my whinger really does push me to the limit, can't move across the room or have another child on my lap with out her kicking off. Tbh, its a really pitiful whinge, sometimes with tears - most of the time I try to ignore it, I certainly won't panda to her, I can't - not when i've got 2 other under 5's!!! Have brought it up with parents - all I get is 'oh dear - she's not like it at home - but then she is always on mums/dads lap!!!!:eek: . Basically this little one has had her own way from the word go and no amount of talking to parents will change anything. I've a new full timer starting later on in the year and have decided if she has got no better then I WILL be giving notice.

Sarah Louise
05-03-2009, 09:34 PM
Just out of curiosity, Is Mum off work with new baby?

patevans
06-03-2009, 07:31 AM
Just out of curiosity, Is Mum off work with new baby?

Yes she is!

Sarah Louise
06-03-2009, 08:32 AM
Poor little thing is probably playing up more then as he wont understand why Mummy and baby are at home and he's still with you. If he's an anxious child anyway this will probably just have re- started all his insecurities.
Thats a really hard one for you cos it's you thats got to deal with him all day. I personally feel he'd be better with Mum but is she keeping him with you to keep the place or just to have a break?