PDA

View Full Version : claiming tax credits

Lincsminder
23-02-2009, 11:22 AM
Can a parent use the schools OFSTED number to claim tax credits.

The reason I ask is the school is setting up a breakfast club and when I asked they said it would be about £2 a day, which is the same as me (I know this is cheap but the parents that used me also had after school so it worked out £10 a day wrap around) however it now seems they are only charging £1 a day as they have funding. Now I'm guessing this funding wont last forever so people will eventually find their fees going up and will want to claim TC, the school are running it themselves so are not registering it in its own right as such so no separate OFSTED number. So the only advantage a parent would get by using me is they could claim some back with TC but if they can use the school OFSTED number I don't stand a chance at competing.

Caroline

yummymummy
23-02-2009, 11:50 AM
Virtually all our long established breakfast clubs only charge 2.75 per morning so it doesn't get much better in some cases I'm afraid. I've given up trying to compete, the only parents who come to me are parents who do not want their children to feel that they have to be at school from 7.45am until 6.15pm and can have a break from it!

tinkerbelle
23-02-2009, 12:00 PM
most of my older kids have acess to a before and after school club but these dont open in the holidays and i refuse to keep spaces openfor kids that go to these clubs during the hols no wayso parents tend to use me because of this

sarah707
23-02-2009, 04:14 PM
If it is set up via Ofsted then parents will be able to claim tax credits yes. :(

Lincsminder
24-02-2009, 01:51 PM
they are setting it up using teachers and TA with some mysterious funding source that they are cagey about when I ask questions, so no separate OFSTED number just the general school one.

rickysmiths
24-02-2009, 02:04 PM
I am surprised the Teachers have agreed to do this. They have enough to do outside school hours as it is. I shall be asking my dh how he would feel if asked. I suspect the unions might have a view as well.