PDA

View Full Version : signing children in and out on school runs/shopping/trips

daisychainqueen
22-02-2009, 08:44 PM
I work with my husband who is also a fully registered childminder.

one of OFSTEDS requests was that every time one of us leaves the house with or without children we have to record names and times of who's out and who is in.

Am I the only one who has to do this???

I understand why it needs to be done ( to give a clear record of who has which children at which time in case of allegations)

But are we the only ones??

miffy
22-02-2009, 08:49 PM
I work alone but yes I sign the children out when I drop off at school or playgroup and in again when I pick them up.

That way there is a clear record of which children are on the premises at any time - that's a legal requirement

Miffy xx

sarah707
22-02-2009, 09:02 PM
I work with my partner and we don't sign in and out ourselves, though like Miffy says we do for the children.

However we are never over the 6 children I can legally have if he is not here so maybe that makes a difference ... ?

daisychainqueen
22-02-2009, 09:05 PM
they were very hot on, if one of us goes out with xy and z we must record it.
so there is a constant record of who is where, and with whom.

miffy
22-02-2009, 09:08 PM
I can see a reason why (although I've never heard of it before) - it could be a safeguarding issue - if a complaint was made you could say who was with the child at that time and where. Could protect you and hubby as well as the child iyswim

Miffy xx

daisychainqueen
22-02-2009, 09:14 PM
surely someone else has to do this too!!

I can't be the only one.

I just have to keep telling myself

"it's for my own good"
"It's for my own good"
"It's for my own good"

don't ya just love ofsted, and there many many many rules

donnadoo2004200
22-02-2009, 09:45 PM
Never heard of that.:panic:

TheBTeam
23-02-2009, 04:03 PM
I too work with my husband and he was inspected at the end of November, she did not mention at all about any of the above, we keep a list of who is on the premises for what times, but do not sign ourselves in or out or write down who took which child on which school run etc. Our policies do clearly state that we work as a team and that although contracted individually to us we work together and care will be shared, and may be given solely by the other childminder in order to plan and carry out activities and make journeys with the children in appropriate car seats, rather than guaranteeing with whom, maybe this helps.

You have got me thinking - although I don't want to start writing anywhere near that kind of detail down everyday!!:panic:

daisychainqueen
23-02-2009, 04:27 PM
sounds like Iam the only one who has to do this:(

oh well not alot I can do about it