PDA

View Full Version : COSHH?

daisychainqueen
22-02-2009, 08:38 PM
What do we need to know?

What PAPER WORK:mad: if any do we need.

vix84
22-02-2009, 08:47 PM
Id also like info on this as I havent really covered this before.
Over the next week I am trying to get up to date, so when I come accross any info. with this I will pass it on:)

Pedagog
22-02-2009, 09:02 PM
Most of the big manufacturers have COSHH sheets to download on their websites.

sarah707
22-02-2009, 09:04 PM
I have a COSHH analysis of my chemicals, handwash etc as part of my risk assessments.

It was something I did years ago when social services first gave me my paperwork and I've kept it up to date since.

It's not difficult and many companies will send you details which you can print for your file.

It is, however, very scary what lurks under your kitchen sink and when I first did mine I threw loads of stuff away :eek:

daisychainqueen
22-02-2009, 09:08 PM
wish I hadn't asked now:panic:

vix84
22-02-2009, 09:11 PM
I have a COSHH analysis of my chemicals, handwash etc as part of my risk assessments.

It was something I did years ago when social services first gave me my paperwork and I've kept it up to date since.

It's not difficult and many companies will send you details which you can print for your file.

It is, however, very scary what lurks under your kitchen sink and when I first did mine I threw loads of stuff away :eek:

Oh no - thats the sort of thing that I will take to the extreme - I will be wanting to use lemons to clean everything:panic:
Will allocate a whole weekend to research it and do risk assesments etc!

daisychainqueen
22-02-2009, 09:18 PM
Oh no - thats the sort of thing that I will take to the extreme - I will be wanting to use lemons to clean everything:panic:
Will allocate a whole weekend to research it and do risk assesments etc!

Great!! let me know when you have you can send me a copy:laughing: :laughing:

only joking

vix84
22-02-2009, 09:37 PM
Great!! let me know when you have you can send me a copy:laughing: :laughing:

only joking

Will have to schedule the weekend in first - my son is at that clingy stage, so Im doing 5 mins at a time!
Will let you know what I find!

Daftbat
22-02-2009, 10:16 PM

I used Sarahs form for this as aguide and was quite simple to do. Took me about an hour type up stuff - if you do a table on word lots of things are repetitive and you can copy and paste things. Ofsted were impressed on Friday:thumbsup:

vickysam
29-05-2013, 12:31 PM
Hi ya,

I am just starting up as a childminder. I have been told that I need to have COSHH Regs in place and some kind of data sheet for all my cleaning and bathroom products. Can anyone advise or help me in sorting this out? What do I need to know and what do I need to do?

Many thanks Vickysam

maisiemog
29-05-2013, 01:35 PM
I don't have any coshh stuff in place but used to be in charge of it in my last job. You can email the company's of the cleaning products you use for their data sheets. Or do what I do and make your own using vinegar, lemon juice and essential oils. Cheaper, greener and no coshh needed!

sarah707
29-05-2013, 01:55 PM
This is a very old thread from 2009!! Still relevant today...

it is not a requirement of the EYFS or Childcare Registers to have a coshh product / risk assessment in place.

It is not a requirement of the EYFS or childcare register to have written risk assessments - although they are very strongly recommended.

You might, as part of a Haccp file (which you need if you have staff) put together some Coshh sheets so you know how to react if there is an accident involving a cleaning product - or allergic reaction - or similar.

However, at the risk of repeating myself, it is not a requirement. The only requirement for childminders is to follow the guidance in Safer Food Better Business for Childminders on the HPA website.

hth :D

Kirstylob
29-05-2013, 02:57 PM
Thanks for that clear answer Sarah. I am currently doing my Level 3 DCYPW and my lastest task is about health and safety regs in the workplace. Part if that is the COSHH regs and I did't think it applied to me as I work on my own. I was going to double check with my DO this afternoon as she was due to visit me but she didn't turn up! Glad I checked on here, this forum has been far more help than any DO I have had for the last few years!

KatieFS
29-05-2013, 03:40 PM
Watching with interest.. What's a haccp file!? I'm taking on an assistant in sept. what is it do I need one