PDA

View Full Version : Going to the toilet!!!

Schnakes
01-02-2008, 01:25 PM
When I had my last inspection I was asked what I did with the children when I went to the toilet!! Im just wondering...does anybody know what the "right" answer to this question is??? Cos Im still stumped now, a year later!

Sx

kellyg
01-02-2008, 01:37 PM
This is something I am wondering about as my loo is upstairs and with my daughter I either just run up while she is playing in the play room or she comes up with me but I dont thik it is rght to pee in front of other peoples children lol - wonder what the answer is?

Hopscotch
01-02-2008, 01:42 PM
I sometimes have to hold it in, which i know is not good for me. This is becuase i can guarantee that the second i am sat on the toilet world war 3 will break out. Also sometimes if i do have to go to the toilet the kids think it is funny to bang on the door.
most of the time i have to go when they are strapped in their booster seats at the table or when it is nap time.
Bev X

miffy
01-02-2008, 01:43 PM
No idea what the right answer would be but

children should be within your sight or hearing at all times and you are responsible for their safety so if you were to leave them downstairs alone then you'd have to explain what steps you'd taken to ensure they were safe whilst you were out of the room.

I'd always take a baby with me and mostly the others also come - thinking about it i rarely get to go to the loo alone :laughing:

Miffy xx

angeldelight
01-02-2008, 01:45 PM
Yes I WET MYSELF

crazybones
01-02-2008, 01:46 PM
Luckily my loo is downstairs built into corner of playroom (converted from garage) so they all follow for a nose (well 2 year olds do - 4 year old has seen it all B4 and doesnt bother now)

Annie x

miffy
01-02-2008, 01:47 PM
Yes I WET MYSELF

TMI Angel!!!!!

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Miffy xxx

angeldelight
Kidding

This is just where you use common sense really

Wait till the older children are sitting watching tv or something

The younger ones are in the pushchair or somewhere secure so they can not get hurt when you do go

We all have to go so yes I use plain old common sense

Angel xx

deeb66
I am lucky as I am on one floor so my loo is easily accessable.

The only down side is that I never manage to get to go to the loo in peace.....I always have an audience:laughing:

angeldelight
01-02-2008, 01:55 PM
We have a toilet down stairs also so it is easier

I know what you mean though Dee even my grandson always follows me - I am sure they think they are missing something haha

Angel xx

deeb66
01-02-2008, 01:59 PM
The other day i shut the door (as needed to do a number 2!!!!) and the kids were banging and making such a racket that I ended up opening it again.

When I did 'G' looked at me with a screwed up face and said...."that stinks" .....I am afraid I had to laugh!!!....but it did make them go away!!!

LittleAcorns
01-02-2008, 02:04 PM
The other day i shut the door (as needed to do a number 2!!!!) and the kids were banging and making such a racket that I ended up opening it again.

When I did 'G' looked at me with a screwed up face and said...."that stinks" .....I am afraid I had to laugh!!!....but it did make them go away!!!

Ohhhhhhh Dee that did make me laugh, that will teach them hey :jump for joy:

sarah707
01-02-2008, 02:06 PM
I always say where I am going and leave the doors ajar for them - none of my current lot seem to mind or have an urge to follow me, but one a few years ago always followed me...

I didn't think it was particularly healthy for him to be watching though, so I ended up going when he was busy!

I have no idea what the official line is though S, sorry! :D

deeb66
01-02-2008, 02:10 PM
I always say where I am going and leave the doors ajar for them - none of my current lot seem to mind or have an urge to follow me, but one a few years ago always followed me...

I didn't think it was particularly healthy for him to be watching though, so I ended up going when he was busy!

I have no idea what the official line is though S, sorry! :D

I would do that too if my lot were a little older but as one is just over 2 and the other is nearly 3 they seem to have this urge to follow me everywhere:D

LittleMissSparkles
01-02-2008, 02:11 PM
I tell them im going to the loo and be right back, loo faces the front door in the hall way between living room and kitchen, works well till Amy comes and opens the door wide and says what you doing mummy ??? especially when someone comes to the door ............

xxx

Pipsqueak
01-02-2008, 03:13 PM
Tena Lady should be doing a rip roaring trade! lol

I just tell my lot where I am going and that I can still hear them. Its worked ok for now.

mamapink
01-02-2008, 04:00 PM
hi

you lot are making me laugh that i nearly peed my self sitting here

My two dds are 6 and 9 now i had forgotten what it was like to not be able to go to the toilet alone

iIguess when i am registed and start having minddies I will quickly get back in to it again

just wondering what do you do if your in town have 2 little ones and a buggy and you got to go
iIguess use the disabled loos or tena lady it ,or just leave open the door and smile

xx:)

Pipsqueak
01-02-2008, 04:48 PM
Nah, just invite everyone in for a party!!!! lol

buildingblocks
01-02-2008, 04:56 PM
I am almost certain that the 'offical' line is you are supposed to take the children with you as 'officially' you are not supposed to leave the children alone at any time.

My logic is my downstairs is as safe as it possibly could be and that by the time I have gone upstirs dragging possibly three under 5's with me I could be up nd odwn quicker than trying to get them all upstairs with me.

angeldelight
01-02-2008, 04:57 PM
Well " officially" it is my business my rules haha

xx

Spangles
01-02-2008, 07:40 PM
I think in one of the standards it's actually stated that we have two options open to us

1. We can just hold it in all day and end up with kidney infections and bladder extension problems

or

2. We can have a bidet fitted in our lounge at our expense but with this you obviously have to have a risk assessment done for number ones and number twos. You are able to have a curtain that closes around you but you have to have a clear, see-through area where you head is so you can see out at all times.

manjay
01-02-2008, 09:00 PM
Just use the potty!

amanda xx

bubbly
01-02-2008, 09:09 PM
I think in one of the standards it's actually stated that we have two options open to us

1. We can just hold it in all day and end up with kidney infections and bladder extension problems

or

2. We can have a bidet fitted in our lounge at our expense but with this you obviously have to have a risk assessment done for number ones and number twos. You are able to have a curtain that closes around you but you have to have a clear, see-through area where you head is so you can see out at all times.

Hahahaha :ROFL1: :laughing:

My 3 yr old mindee always gives me a running commentary from the loo, "Lynne, I'm having a poo", "Lynne, it's a big poo", "Lynne, it wont come out", "Lynne, I can't wipe my bum". I've since changed my name to Tracy :D

sarah707
01-02-2008, 10:55 PM
My 2 year old has decided all of a sudden that he can't wee without having to take his trousers totally off every visit, so he sits there with his legs dangling and shouts me! :rolleyes:

At least I've got a downstairs loo! :D

emler
01-02-2008, 10:59 PM
My 3 yr old mindee always gives me a running commentary from the loo, "Lynne, I'm having a poo", "Lynne, it's a big poo", "Lynne, it wont come out", "Lynne, I can't wipe my bum". I've since changed my name to Tracy

That just cracked me up - Epic!

Emler x

angeldelight
01-02-2008, 11:04 PM
My grandson does the same Sarah

Angel xx

Schnakes
02-02-2008, 09:19 AM
Hmm...I would never take the minded kids in with me!! Thats just too personal!!!

I told the inspector that I tell them where Im going and leave them to get on with it. The babies I pop in the cot while Im gone. I have an upstairs toilet.

Sx

Pipsqueak
02-02-2008, 10:21 AM

My 3 yr old mindee always gives me a running commentary from the loo, "Lynne, I'm having a poo", "Lynne, it's a big poo", "Lynne, it wont come out", "Lynne, I can't wipe my bum". I've since changed my name to Tracy :D

Thats really funny!!:laughing: :laughing: :D The thing is that its's so true...

Hello and Welcome to the Forum "Tracey" - please do go and introduce your (alter ego) self!! lol;)

deeb66
02-02-2008, 04:29 PM

That had me in stitches too Lynne....thank you:laughing: