PDA

View Full Version : Childcare Vouchers,

twinkle3005
21-02-2009, 07:19 PM
Hi

One of my Mums has just changed jobs and has been told that she can get childcare vouchers through her new employer. What will I have to do to be able to accept these? I've read a few posts on here that you have to be accredited and that it's a lot of paperwork, is it worth it and does anyone else accept vouchers and have you had any problems?
Thanks

Jo xx

DudleyChildmind
21-02-2009, 07:39 PM
I can't help you Jo but I'd be interested to hear the answer to this :)

claireLouise
21-02-2009, 07:46 PM
I will accept any type of vouchers.

All schemes are either paper based or electronic. I only accept electronic payment. Which means once I am registered, which is filling in some paperwork, namely address and registration number and bank details- the parent's go in an set either one off payments of a regular payment scheme and the money goes straight into my bank account. It's as easy as being paid by standing order or direct payment except the parents can save substantially on the tax bill approx £150 a month if both parents have a Childcare Scheme in place.

So far I am registered with 3 companies and have had no problems.

Hope this helps.

Claire

singlewiththree
21-02-2009, 07:47 PM
I dont get paid by them but you dont have to be accredited to get them. There are several companies. Which one are they using? you can have it paid directly to your bank via the voucher company or paper format, thats all I know.

geraldine72
21-02-2009, 07:49 PM
i have two parents who use different voucher schemes and the paperwork's very little it's bank details and registration number etc, i think the parent's fill in the bulk of it. once it's set up you get an electronic message letting you know it'll be in your account within a few days and it always has been for me. i've had no probs, hope this helps:)

Hi

One of my Mums has just changed jobs and has been told that she can get childcare vouchers through her new employer. What will I have to do to be able to accept these? I've read a few posts on here that you have to be accredited and that it's a lot of paperwork, is it worth it and does anyone else accept vouchers and have you had any problems?
Thanks

Jo xx

DudleyChildmind
21-02-2009, 07:50 PM
Is it worth registering with these companies inadvance incase parents want to pay this way?

sarah707
21-02-2009, 07:55 PM
Is it worth registering with these companies inadvance incase parents want to pay this way?

No you just need to wait until parents ask about it and say yes, no problem.

They will fill in the forms and it usually isn't a problem.

Sometimes payments can be delayed because parents don't put the forms through or it's a bank holiday so budget for this.

It's very cost effective for parents because they pay childcare money before tax so if they work for a company that offers vouchers they really should find out more :D

DudleyChildmind
21-02-2009, 07:58 PM
Thank you Sarah :)

Sorry Jo, I seem to have hijacked your thread :blush:

Shar
21-02-2009, 07:59 PM
I have several parents who use voucher payments, it is a way of paying for childcare without paying tax on that part of their salary. It is much easier for me too, it is paid directy into my bank account & on time!!:thumbsup: The parent needs to get all the paperwork for you to fill in and then it's set up.

charleyfarley
21-02-2009, 09:05 PM
I am registered with three different voucher companys, took minutes to fill in paperwork.

It is easier, paid straight into the bank, I've never had a problem infact I'm paid till the end of March already :thumbsup:

Carol xx

helenlc
21-02-2009, 09:21 PM
I used to work as a nanny and was partially paid in the Accor vouchers. Its easy enough to register with them. You can post your vouchers off or input them online. Parents can also transfer them from their account to your account, then it goes into your bank account.

All quite straight forward. You can register with different companies too, depends on what the parents employers use.