PDA

View Full Version : no right to appeal

geraldine72
21-02-2009, 03:20 PM
i've had a complaint against me and my care commission officer said that i have no right to appeal. does anybody know if this is true i'm so upset about this and know the parent is only complaining as i've asked for four weeks fees notice. feel like getting her charged with slander and it's so unfair who is there for us. i'm getting so much hassle about this and spot checks constantly i've got nothing to hide but it's really hard to give the kids good quality when you're constantly waiting on them coming to your door. please can anyone help. the scma lawyers wont intervene until complaint has been looked at and a decision made i'm wondering if it's worth having this insurance etc. they don't seem to be able to do much for you.:mad: :panic:

Alibali
21-02-2009, 04:53 PM
I think that any complaint has to be looked into, and at that point you will have your chance to have your say. Your SCMA development officer should be there for you, and if you don't have one I think you can have someone else with you for support. In my experience when th CC see that it boils down to money they don't usually uphold the complaint.

I'm sorry you're having to go through this, hope all goes well.

Daftbat
21-02-2009, 05:37 PM
Having looked at the web site for the care commission and their flow charts you will have a right to appeal at some stage - the chances are that it probably won't get that far anyway if the grounds for the complaint are not good enough. I know its hard, i have had to deal with complaints from malicious sources in the past, but keep calm and carry on as normal. Wait for them to advise you of anything and remember - you know how good you are and from your post you seem to have a good insight in to what sort of person the complainant is.

We are all here to help and support you.

Take care

geraldine72
21-02-2009, 06:33 PM
i'll look at the flow charts thanks the officer definetely said that i had no right to appeal so if i have that makes me feel heaps better already. it's also really nice to know that there are people there for you and have been through similiar situations. i've told other parents about this and they're going to write letters of support which should help also. thanks for reply
:)

Having looked at the web site for the care commission and their flow charts you will have a right to appeal at some stage - the chances are that it probably won't get that far anyway if the grounds for the complaint are not good enough. I know its hard, i have had to deal with complaints from malicious sources in the past, but keep calm and carry on as normal. Wait for them to advise you of anything and remember - you know how good you are and from your post you seem to have a good insight in to what sort of person the complainant is.

We are all here to help and support you.

Take care

fionamal
21-02-2009, 06:33 PM
Hi there,

Ive had this happen to me aswell but you do get to have your say. What happens is they inform you of the complaint and they then take statements from yourself and copies of required paperwork which then goes to the complaints board of directors to be looked at. They will then inform you of their decision its then that if the complaint is upheld that you can apeal and get the SCMA legal team in to help you but to be honest the SCMA legal team are not really upto much and im considering not bothering with it next year.

Anyway, hope your complaint us admonished. Wishing you lots of luck

geraldine72
21-02-2009, 06:39 PM
i suppose this is just the position which we have to put up with when we do this job, it's just a horrible feeling and the things she's saying are really mean although she is saying that things happened 1 year ago so i think they may be suspicious of her anyway i just hope that they see through her. thanks for replying.

I think that any complaint has to be looked into, and at that point you will have your chance to have your say. Your SCMA development officer should be there for you, and if you don't have one I think you can have someone else with you for support. In my experience when th CC see that it boils down to money they don't usually uphold the complaint.

I'm sorry you're having to go through this, hope all goes well.

yummymummy
22-02-2009, 11:54 AM
You poor thing. What a fantastic parent this lady must be if you have supposedly done things that she feels she has to complain about but left her child with you for another year. She will be seen through and the truth will out. Try not to worry but it must be so difficult for you.:group hug:

geraldine72
22-02-2009, 12:41 PM
you're right about scma lawyers they've not been very helpful from start with this and when we eventually got to the point of them writing her a letter that's when she put a complaint in and they wrote to me then and said that they now have to wait until the complaint is resolved. which hopefully should be soon as has been put in for almost month now. i'm seriously thinking of going to independent lawyer although would probably pay more than she owes to a lawyer but the satisfaction and my name being cleared might be worth it. also feel as if cc officer has really bad attitude with me since then and am considering asking for change but don't know if you can do this. i liked my last one much better. i think i'll give up and go back to nursery work it's less pressure.:(

Hi there,

Ive had this happen to me aswell but you do get to have your say. What happens is they inform you of the complaint and they then take statements from yourself and copies of required paperwork which then goes to the complaints board of directors to be looked at. They will then inform you of their decision its then that if the complaint is upheld that you can apeal and get the SCMA legal team in to help you but to be honest the SCMA legal team are not really upto much and im considering not bothering with it next year.

Anyway, hope your complaint us admonished. Wishing you lots of luck

peanuts
22-02-2009, 02:13 PM
i hope you get it resolved in your favour soon.

vix84
22-02-2009, 08:56 PM
I know how stressfull it can be - one of the parents rang up Ofsted for advice on an issue we had - mis-communication about a date to collect her child etc. and she basically said Ofsted said she could put in a complain if she wanted too, and there was also an issue as she wanted her 4 weeks notice money and I said no as it was in the contract etc. and I was soo mad:angry: Id been looking after the most precious thing in her life - and then she just went loopy.

And then ..... my neighbour and I have never got on as they are always so loud - so we complained to their association - so then they rang Ofsted and said I had something like 8 kids in my small garden (with no play equipment) and I was shouting at them etc. So Ofsted dropped in unanounced, but she was lovely - I was pregnant and looking after 2 toddlers and she could see there was no way Id have 8 children in the garden etc.
But it still really stressed me out that Ofsted just arrived etc.

But Im afraid in this job, you have to develop a thick skin - its so easy for people to ring Ofsted and put in a complaint because they know they have to act on it etc. and stupidly alot of people make stuff up!

On that note - on my next Ofsted report - will they say about that complaint being made about 8 kids in garden and shouting etc. even though it never happened and Ofsted said they could see I was meeting the requirements etc.?
I will be fuming if that goes on the botom of my report and it was all made up!

miffy
22-02-2009, 09:00 PM
Hope you get this sorted out quickly.

Try not to worry - if this parent is talking about things that happened so long in the past, the first question the CC should ask is why she didn't make a complaint at that time. Hopefully they will soon see it's malicious.

We are here to offer you support whatever so keep your chin up :)

Miffy xx