PDA

View Full Version : sons school closed for another week

marion123
21-02-2009, 09:38 AM
well i went on the schools website to make it was monday they went back and not the tuesday anyway letter posted on site to say the heating is broke new boilers coming from germany so he is off school for another week hes pleased but im not

RedDragon
21-02-2009, 09:44 AM
Can't they just tell the kids to keep their coats on? lol

I watched a programme once about school children in Russia - it was minus 20 degrees and they were happily playing in the playground.

marion123
21-02-2009, 09:49 AM
i was hoping they could go to school in normal warm clothes like a jumper etc kids dont feel the cold prob shut cos of the teachers :mad:

Ripeberry
21-02-2009, 11:19 AM
Its almost T-shirt weather out there at the moment! That is totally out of order. If i was you i'd get some other parents together and complain. It must be costing some parents a fortune! :mad:

peanuts
21-02-2009, 11:32 AM
do you have others from that school as well that will be off

marion123
21-02-2009, 11:47 AM
no other mindees there he goes to high school

rickysmiths
21-02-2009, 12:09 PM
Can't they just tell the kids to keep their coats on? lol

I watched a programme once about school children in Russia - it was minus 20 degrees and they were happily playing in the playground.

The children could go into school wrapped up warm because there are no regulations governing the required temperature the school must be for the children.

However the teachers conditions at work are regulated by the Health and Safety Executive. It is this that dictates if the temperature in school drops below 16degrees C the teachers may not work in that environment.

huggableshelly
21-02-2009, 01:32 PM
teachers are such wimps I'm sure they can manage to wear an extra layer too

Shar
21-02-2009, 01:40 PM
Early Feb when we had all that snow the heating was not working in the school I drop/pick up from, so it was closed for an extra 2 days + 2 days for snow!! Health & safety reason.:eek: :eek:

Bananabrain
21-02-2009, 03:00 PM
Yeh, but it's not cold though. My mindees were in the park in t-shirts yesterday.

Nanny state!!!!!!

marion123
21-02-2009, 03:10 PM
my son is wearing his football kit today with the shorts come end of feb its all he wears doesnt like trousers or jeans i always tell him he was born in the wrong country :laughing: :laughing:

rickysmiths
21-02-2009, 03:15 PM
teachers are such wimps I'm sure they can manage to wear an extra layer too

Thats not a very nice thing to say.:eek: :eek:

Its NOT a question of the tachers being wimps, they don't make the decision, the Health and Safety Executive dictate the rules to the schools and for that matter a lot of other work places as well.

nikim
21-02-2009, 10:51 PM
our secondary scool was closed for 8 1/2 days!!! due to the weather (its at the top of a really steep hill and after it snowned and then froze no one could get up or down ) , and we were told if it was closed any longer they would have to do extra days at the end of the year because they have to teach for a certain amount of days per year , so the school went all out to make sure it reopened again quickly by hiring a digger to clear the ice!!

Mollymop
21-02-2009, 10:55 PM
Seems ridiculous. It is almost spring time, why do they need the heating on?
I remember how stuffy schools were, even in the winter time and we always had the classroom windows open.
It sounds like a good excuse for the teachers to get paid time off