PDA

View Full Version : Storage

Hebs
20-02-2009, 12:19 PM
How do you store all your toys?

i'm in desperate need of storage :panic:

katickles
20-02-2009, 12:33 PM
Yeah I find my house resembles that of a toy store!!

My lounge we have a big wicker hamper with toys hidden. There are a few things at the side of the sofa, ride on toys which i don;t mind as they are dd's really.

The majority of things are in the conservatory. I have one of the trofast storage units from Ikea which is fab! Then theres those pop up animal storage things that we have toys in. Then theres the play kitchen in there & push & pull alongs............................. the list is endless :laughing:

http://newtickers.bump-and-beyond.com/27/2771/277126.png (http://www.bump-and-beyond.com/)

huggableshelly
20-02-2009, 02:17 PM
I have two deep 5 foot book cases with sorage boxes on them, a round tub full of transport and 4 wicker baskets with lids on full of toys along with the upstairs spare room with alternative toys to swap around.

I dont mind have it all around me as my own children are still young. I'll be rethinking it at some point or changing jobs maybe.

Roseolivia
20-02-2009, 05:23 PM
I'm lucky in that i have a seperate playroom for childminding where all the toys are (apart from my daughters special toys). I store the toys on bookshelves, in plastic boxes/gorilla tubs, storage drawers from Ikea (which you can get several shapes/sizes) and on the floor, under sofa wherever i can find space.

Juddster
20-02-2009, 05:30 PM
Ikea have the trofast range looks nice and you can buy various shapes and sizes to fit your rooms. Also not too pricey.

www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/categories/range/10389/12018/

peanuts
20-02-2009, 05:43 PM
i have a cupboard in my bedroom that the kids have access to it has all the toys/ craft things in there . would love to have a room spacifically for childminding so everything is in the one place but not to be

LOOPYLISA
20-02-2009, 05:48 PM
I have trofast units in playroom :thumbsup:

cher25
20-02-2009, 06:07 PM
I have a couple of big toy boxes with some toys in. Did have a big box full of books in my living room, but bought a couple of small wall units that now have them in. Got toys stacked in a cupboard in the hall and others lying around the house constantly.

miffy
20-02-2009, 06:10 PM
I have trofast units, tubs, a big cupboard, boxes, bookcase, things in bags - yep my house looks as though it's been taken over by toys sometimes!

Miffy xx

Jules12Wed
20-02-2009, 06:58 PM
All of my toys are kept in conservatory which is my playroom so at the end of the day I can shut the door and my house is my own. My children are older so most of the toys are just for mindees.

FizzysFriends
20-02-2009, 07:15 PM
I have Ikea Expedit (the ones with cubes) in the house and Ikea trofast (the one with the colourful drawers/trays in the summerhouse.

misst104
20-02-2009, 07:27 PM
I have Ikea Expedit (the ones with cubes) in the house and Ikea trofast (the one with the colourful drawers/trays in the summerhouse.

Thats what I would like but no cash at the moment :( They look great

FizzysFriends
20-02-2009, 07:35 PM
Thats what I would like but no cash at the moment :( They look great

They are very sturdy!!

helenlc
21-02-2009, 01:19 PM
I currently have mine on a large bookshelf in the front room and then a couple of large boxes and my play table.

I also have some in the cupboard under the stairs and rotate them round.

My husband is in the process of building a conservatory now and that will then hosue my toys.

I have already got one Trofast unit for out there which was free on my local Netmums this week - result!!!