PDA

View Full Version : quick question-mum waiting for reply-about if we take annual leave at same time

sammy
20-02-2009, 12:03 PM
ive booked a weeks holiday in April, and the parent asked what the rules are if we took it annual leave the same time. Now i get paid full pay if she is off, and half pay if i am off.

So if ive booked the time off first then she decides to have time off then should i charge half pay, so that its still mt holiday?

Or do i charge her full pay as i was hoping on 4 full weeks paid holiday a year?

A bit cheeky if i did that, but wasnt sure on what to do, im thinking whoever asks first then gets charged accordingly?

louni
20-02-2009, 12:06 PM
Not sure if this will help, but I take 5 weeks per year and charge half for when I am on leave. If a parent takes it at a time other than when I am on leave they pay me full. Just like you really. Quite often, parents do take hols at same time as me and in those cases I charge half. Sorry! Hope this helps.
Louise.xx

Hebs
20-02-2009, 12:08 PM
i don't know cos i charge full fees for both (4 week limit on my paid time off tho)

Blaze
20-02-2009, 12:08 PM
I'd split the difference.:)

nell57
20-02-2009, 12:09 PM
I dont charge at all for when I'm off including my annual holiday, my fees are set to take this into account. Its then up to the parents to take there leave when I do. If they dont bring there children when I'm working they then have to pay full. This works well for me, but everyone's different.

HTH

deeb66
20-02-2009, 12:10 PM
Hi

In your situation I wouldn't.

I charge full fee's for their holiday and zero for mine.

The reason I charge them for their holiday's is that my services are still available and their holidau is their choice.

So if I booked my holiday and they then went away at the same time I actually think that is common sense on their part and wouldn't expect them to pay as I had withdrawn my services.

Hope that makes sense and helps

sammy
20-02-2009, 12:10 PM
ive never thought on splitting the difference, but i suppose it would make it fair as then in the long run i wouldnt lose out (i would prefer to have some full time paid time off - i deserve it hes hard work)

katickles
20-02-2009, 12:25 PM
Hi

The reason I charge them for their holiday's is that my services are still available and their holidau is their choice.

So if I booked my holiday and they then went away at the same time I actually think that is common sense on their part and wouldn't expect them to pay as I had withdrawn my services.

Ditto x x
http://newtickers.bump-and-beyond.com/27/2771/277126.png (http://www.bump-and-beyond.com/)

Jules12Wed
20-02-2009, 12:29 PM
I try to get out of my parent when there holidays are then if I am off at the same time I don't mention it to them.

One little boy is off for two weeks end of May. I did tell the parent before before she told me she was off that I was booking a weekend away so may be unable to have her boy on the Friday when she told me she was off and then my £9.50 holiday came through. She asked me if I knew what weekend I was going away and I just said 'oh no we didn't get anything after all!!!'.

cuddlybunny38
20-02-2009, 12:33 PM
I do the same as Dee.

Trouble
20-02-2009, 12:39 PM
Hi

i agree with deeb66

peanuts
20-02-2009, 01:12 PM
i dont charge when im off on holiday, so if parents take time off at the same time they are gaining my not having to pay at another time when im still available but they are on holiday

huggableshelly
20-02-2009, 02:10 PM
I do not charge for my hols as parents have to either take time off too or seek for alternative care which is usually another childminder as we try and cover eachothers hols.

I charge parents half fee's for their hols but most are termtime only so doesnt really effect them.

LittleMissSparkles
20-02-2009, 02:17 PM
wea re going to turkey on the same dates Dee :) :) :) :) xxx

deeb66
20-02-2009, 02:41 PM
wea re going to turkey on the same dates Dee :) :) :) :) xxx

Oohh sounds like you are going to have a fab time

Bet you can't wait.....I know I can't :D

tulip0803
20-02-2009, 03:20 PM
Hi

Snap :thumbsup:

Tired
20-02-2009, 03:59 PM
If I'm not available to work, then I don't charge. In your case, I would charge the half fee.
Otherwise, if the parent was paying full fee cos it was thier holiday, what would happen if something went wrong and they didnt go? They would probably expect you to be avaialbe to work, as you had not booked it as holiday.
Better to be safe than sorry, I would say.

Jules12Wed
20-02-2009, 04:16 PM
If they put their holiday dates in first then I would definitely charge, if I then choose to take my holiday at the same time as them tough they still pay.

FizzysFriends
20-02-2009, 06:58 PM
If you've already book a week off then what she does with her week is irrelavant when it comes to charging.

mandy moo
20-02-2009, 08:29 PM
If they put their holiday dates in first then I would definitely charge, if I then choose to take my holiday at the same time as them tough they still pay.

Sneaky, but yes I would do that too:laughing:

Pipsqueak
20-02-2009, 09:27 PM
Hi

What Dee says:D

Pudding Girl
20-02-2009, 09:31 PM
My family was off last week and assumed that as I wasn't working as I only have their children they didn't have to pay.

WRONG!!

I didn't choose to have that week off!

Spangles
21-02-2009, 04:20 PM
I would only charge her half fees as you're not available so take it as it's your holiday.

I don't personally charge for my holiday but full for theirs so if we were on holiday at the same time I wouldn't charge if you see what I mean?

geraldine72
21-02-2009, 04:29 PM
Sneaky, but yes I would do that too:laughing:

i would charge half as that's fair but it's up to you, you know how each parent will react. another way to look at it is do they get paid for their annual leave which they probably do:thumbsup: