PDA

View Full Version : sef grading

desiderata
20-02-2009, 09:24 AM
Ca I just ask a quick question did you put yourself down as outstanding on your sef or not. Im just completing mine and im unsure what to put. someone told me if you put good then they do they dont upgrade you but if you put outstanding then they degrade you. Help please:blush:

deeb66
20-02-2009, 09:55 AM
If you believe that you are Outstanding then that is what you should put.

If you don't rate yourself as Outstanding then Ofsted won't either!

The way they see it is if you don't think you are worth the grade then why should they think you are?

Do you see what I mean?

Go on be brave......if you think you are Outstanding then say you are and sell yourself!

tinkerbelle
20-02-2009, 10:09 AM
i put outstanding n got a good which was what i really wanted anyway i was already a good from last inspection and didnt want down grading so i thought id be cheeky and put outstanding :laughing:
dont see what harm it does

HelenJC
20-02-2009, 10:19 AM
Be true to yourself. If you believe you are outstanding you should put outstanding. You are the best judge of what you do. You are there all the time.

miss mopple
20-02-2009, 11:31 AM
I put good and they gave me an outstanding :)

deeb66
20-02-2009, 11:42 AM
I put good and they gave me an outstanding :)

I am really glad this happened - you obviously had a sensible inspector.:clapping:

However as we all know they are not all like that or sing off the same hymn sheet so I don't think I would leave it to chance.

desiderata
20-02-2009, 03:10 PM
Thanks for that xx

Mollymop
20-02-2009, 03:11 PM
If you think you are outstanding then put outstanding, what have you got to lose?

Allie
20-02-2009, 03:12 PM
I graded myself as good in all areas, Ofsted graded me as Outstanding in all areas!!!!!!!!

Still have not been back on to up all my grades

Allie

desiderata
20-02-2009, 08:39 PM
I have finished my sef and I decided to put outstanding in some areas and good in others. I made this decision based upon my priorities for improvement if I decided it was just to aquire further training I put outstanding if I needed other things to do then I put good. Oh well I sent it now. just wait to see when they come. Thanks again for all your help on here Im so glad I found this site. xx:blush:

nannymcflea
09-03-2009, 06:37 PM
I put good in all areas as I thought that if I put outstanding they would be very picky and try and pull me apart...they did try and pull me apart but I got outstanding in all areas and the inspector struggled to find anything to recommend,so I even got to choose what was put on that bit too!