PDA

View Full Version : Hand, foot and mouth disease

allykidz
01-02-2008, 11:39 AM
Sorry, just a quickie as cant find my Ofsted list when I bloomin' needs it!!

Does anybody know if hand, foot and mouth disease is a notifiable disease to Ofsted. It seems that one of my charges MAY have it so am getting mum to pick her up now but dont know if I need to inform Ofsted.

Thanks ladies
Alison
x

LittleMissSparkles
01-02-2008, 11:40 AM
I thought that was what animals had ????

I would think Ofsted need informing though x

angeldelight
01-02-2008, 11:43 AM
Some information here about what it is

http://www.patient.co.uk/showdoc/23068750/

xx

sarah707
01-02-2008, 11:46 AM
Some lovely stuff on this list! :eek:

http://www.riddor.gov.uk/diseases.html

No, hand, foot and mouth is really common and extremely catching but not reportable :D

LittleMissSparkles
01-02-2008, 11:49 AM
thats an ew one on me then ...LOL

doesnt sound very nice for the child xxx

hope they havent got it and get better soon x

Banana
01-02-2008, 11:51 AM
oh dear,

hope they dont have this,

Get well wishes to your mindee

x

allykidz
01-02-2008, 12:01 PM
Thanks for the speedy replies girls. A has now gone home, poor little thing. She's not been right all week but she is the sort to always be poorly and always has a cold/ chest infection.

Mum took her to the docs this am and he thought it was thrush as she had sores in her mouth (she's also not wanted to eat the past few days either!!) She also had a sore on one of her fingers which seems to have just appeared.

Anyway, gp gave her some medicine for her mouth but phoned mum back a little while ago saying he has been thinking about it and realises this is probably what it is.

So, A has now gone home (poor mum is so fed up of her being ill all the time, I do really feel for her) and I am now left with 2 little boys who are off to pre-school this pm so I now have an unexpected afternoon off!!

Alison
x

LittleMissSparkles
01-02-2008, 12:04 PM
I now have an unexpected afternoon off!!

Alison
x

enjoy it Ally xxx

oakie dokie
01-02-2008, 12:15 PM
ohhhh nice.

hazelx

Kelly
03-02-2008, 05:29 PM
I have had an outbreak of Hand, Foot and Mouth as well!!!! One of my LB's showed all the signs last week, so I sent him home. Mum was fine and took him to the doctors who said he thought it was an allergic reaction!

Anyway by Saturday my little boy had it to, so I had to take unpaid time off, was a bit peed that I had to allow the LB off unpaid as the docor didn't diagnose H,F & M and he was clearly the original carrier. If my lad hadn't been ill I would not of allowed him back.

mum26
03-02-2008, 06:00 PM
This is very timely for me!

My daughter has not been very well for a couple of days and has now developed what look like blisters in her mouth. I really hope it is not HF & M. My older daughter did develop blisters on her lips once after a viral infection and the doctor said it was a reaction to her illness so I am hoping that is all it is with my youngest.