PDA

View Full Version : A questions

Hannahlg
20-02-2009, 08:00 AM
As some of you know me and my mum are giving up childmindering today will be our last day

But not sure on which bits if paper work we will need to keep

We know we have to keep our stuff to do the accounts (my dad dose them)

here is a lsit of stuff of what we have a simple yes or no will be fine on weather we need to keep them or not

- Contract forms - We are taking someone to court who no longer comes so we will be keeping that one untill all sorted but what about the others?

- Ncma publicy liabary incuraces and employers liabirty incures things

- Risk assessments - completled ones
- EYFS planning stuff - sheets what are filled
-Osfted reports
-CBR check thing
- Old resgiters form like 4 or 5 years ago
- Polices

i cant think of anything eles at moment

misst104
20-02-2009, 08:03 AM
Can't answer the question I'm afraid but just wanted to say enjoy your last day of childminding :)

sarah707
20-02-2009, 08:11 AM
- Contract forms - We are taking someone to court who no longer comes so we will be keeping that one untill all sorted but what about the others? Yes for 21 and a half years after they have left. Also child information forms and permission forms and anything about accidents, incidents, medication given to the child...

- Ncma publicy liabary incuraces and employers liabirty incures things yes for 21 and a half years

- Risk assessments - completled ones yes for 3 years (I think it's 3)

- EYFS planning stuff - sheets what are filled No these can go home with the child or if it's your planning, you can recycle it

-Osfted reports Yes I would say for 3 years with the risk assessments

-CBR check thing Yes for 21 years and 6 months

- Old resgiters form like 4 or 5 years ago Yes for 21 years 6 months

- Polices No I wouldn't think so. It might be wise to keep them for a while just in case you decide to start up again. You would kick yourselves if you changed your mind and had to start again!

I hope your last day goes well xx

mandysmonkeys
20-02-2009, 08:40 AM
Have a good last day

Mollymop
20-02-2009, 08:43 AM
Have a good last day xx

tammys-tots
20-02-2009, 08:47 AM
As some of you know me and my mum are giving up childmindering today will be our last day

But not sure on which bits if paper work we will need to keep

We know we have to keep our stuff to do the accounts (my dad dose them)

here is a lsit of stuff of what we have a simple yes or no will be fine on weather we need to keep them or not

- Contract forms - We are taking someone to court who no longer comes so we will be keeping that one untill all sorted but what about the others?

- Ncma publicy liabary incuraces and employers liabirty incures things

- Risk assessments - completled ones
- EYFS planning stuff - sheets what are filled
-Osfted reports
-CBR check thing
- Old resgiters form like 4 or 5 years ago

- Polices

Hi, i would say the most important ones are your accident records/book think its 30 years , if theyve had any accidents!

Tammy

Amaranth
20-02-2009, 08:48 AM
I think you have to keep your car & home insurance things too. Will go and see if I can find the paperwork I have about it. :)

Have a good last day

mushpea
20-02-2009, 08:50 AM
accident books for 21yrs and 4months because they can make a claim up to 3 yrs after their 18th birthday and the 4months bit is because thats how long it takes to make a claim.
all things like contracts etc for 3years
eyfs obs etc for the child must go with the child to the next setting anyway wether you carry on or not.
not sure on planning though

Amaranth
20-02-2009, 09:08 AM
Ok, Here goes!!!
I have attatched The list a college tutor gave us about 18 months ago, but I would think it is still correct.

HelenJC
20-02-2009, 09:08 AM
Bet you really want to dump the lot, along with all the toys, books, and equipment etc .... and get your home back!! I know I would.

Looks lt stays for quite a while though.

Good luck

Helen

sarah707
20-02-2009, 09:15 AM
Ok, Here goes!!!
I have attatched The list a college tutor gave us about 18 months ago, but I would think it is still correct.

That is an interesting list Amaranth... it actually relates to the Childcare Register not the Eyfs.

The Eyfs says -

Records relating to individual children should be retained for a reasonable period of time (for example three years) after the children have left the provision.

The childcare register says -

Childminders must keep records of the following and retain them for a period of two years...

Though if you keep most of the information that relates directly to children for 21 plus years you are not going far wrong. :D

Amaranth
20-02-2009, 09:30 AM
:blush: :blush: Oops, was supposed to put, that most of it should still be right but to check for things realting to eyfs!
Blame it on the Friday feeling!!!!:laughing:

huggableshelly
20-02-2009, 02:31 PM
enjoy your final day and good luck with your future plans

Allie
20-02-2009, 02:40 PM
Just being nosy but what are you doing next? have you got plans?

Allie

Hannahlg
20-02-2009, 06:33 PM
well im trying to look for a job in a nuresy i have my nvq2 and doing my nvq3 at the moment

or a job i na pre-school or teaching assisstant

ir just a job in a shop

i will wont to work with children tho im only 22 and wasnt planning on doing it for ever

my mum is looking foarwd to getting her house back she been doing it for 20 years

Chimps Childminding
20-02-2009, 07:18 PM
Hope you had a lovely day - good luck with what ever you do in the future!

angeldelight
20-02-2009, 08:12 PM
well im trying to look for a job in a nuresy i have my nvq2 and doing my nvq3 at the moment

or a job i na pre-school or teaching assisstant

ir just a job in a shop

i will wont to work with children tho im only 22 and wasnt planning on doing it for ever

my mum is looking foarwd to getting her house back she been doing it for 20 years

Hope your last day went ok

Good luck for the future for you and your mom

Angel xx