PDA

View Full Version : What to do when parent comes?

Peppa
19-02-2009, 06:04 PM
I have a parent (who is a mum from school) Which has asked me to have her daughter. This will be my first mindee and was hoping for advice on what to ask and the paperwork to have to hand.

I have set up:

* Parent handbook
*Photo permission from
*Generic permission form ( for everything else) also has boxes to say read my policies
* Will have contracts when they arrive
* MM child record form not sure what they have on them as not arrived yet, do i need another sheet about the child which involves things like routines, comforters etc you know the personal stuff, or is it on here?

I'm not giving policies to every parent, just in a folder for when they come to sign contract and ar read then.

What else?

What should i do? or what do you do when it comes to showing them round etc?

Thanks

Twinkles
19-02-2009, 07:27 PM
She will want to see where the baby will play and sleep. I usually do that bit and the downstairs of the house tour.
I usually give out a form asking about likes routines etc.
I don't know if you have your certificate on display yet if not you need to show it to her , I show my insurance certificate too and some parents like to see your crb check ( someone was really suspicious of me not that long ago as I don't have one - I was police checked by local authority as was dh and you never got a certificate for that.)

marion123
19-02-2009, 07:41 PM
I was also police checked by local authority and so was dh and i never got a certificate either but it was 15yrs ago

singlewiththree
19-02-2009, 08:13 PM
MM contact form just has contact details, emergency contacts and parental responsibility.

I think what you are talking about is an "about me" book/form with details of comforters etc that isn't on it.

Peppa
19-02-2009, 09:28 PM
Yes thats what i meant! Ok shall have to make one of them unless someone wants to share a template that i can use......

Oh actually no i have a early years passport think i got it from here, is this ok? Its 14 pages long mind!! :eek:
Nope won't let me load it so must be from some where else!