PDA

View Full Version : Own children?

Wendy Woo
19-02-2009, 12:02 PM
Morning all
i was just wondering as i sit here getiin all my paperwork up to date if i should be doin observations and a achievement book thing on george
I wasnt sure as he is my own child?

Any one help me???

Ta very much

A very scrammbled wendy woo!!!!

tomthumb
19-02-2009, 12:18 PM
You don't need to do obs on your own children! I know I don't, that would be a bit strange...
I am thinking of doing a learning journal for my youngest though as it is nice to have the same as the other but I am not sure as I will be biased writing comments... She is starting private nursery 3 mornings a week when she is 2 in September so i suppose they will do it then!

Elodie X

Wendy Woo
19-02-2009, 12:28 PM
Im thinking i may just do him a memory phto book. with explanations for each picture.
Am doin it for the other 2 so i maight as well

rickysmiths
19-02-2009, 12:30 PM
I don't think I would if mine were still small. :panic:

Enough to do doing all the mindees!!!!:(

HomefromHome
19-02-2009, 12:30 PM
i'm not doing obs or anything but i have got a folder for all her work and i put photos in it when we have all done stuff together.:)

loocyloo
19-02-2009, 12:57 PM
i am doing them for my dd!

i have always kept daily/weekly diaries for the minded children, and in theory a monthly diary for my children ( but often its a LOOOOONNNNGGGGGG time in between writing! ). i decided that if i was going to be doing all this for minded children, and making sure the activities met all the childrens needs, i would include dd, so she didn't feel left out, when i was doing a formal observation, as they all want to know what i'm doing! she is a bright spark, and would soon notice that i wasn't treating her the same way! i stick in her photos/craft/wow etc as well.

a side bonus to this, is when i am explaining to people ways/ideas/thoughts on doing observations/assessments/planning etc, i can show them dd's book, and i am not breaching confidentiality!

xxx

sarah707
19-02-2009, 06:30 PM
My children have memory books from when they were little and when they were 7...

They really enjoyed making them at the time and looking back on them now.

They're not Eyfs or anything, just scrapbooks, but lovely all the same :D

Alibali
19-02-2009, 06:44 PM
I sometimes feel a bit jealous when I'm doing all this stuff for the mindees and my kids don't have anything like it. I think to myself how lovely will it be for these parents to look back on these in years to come and I don't have any:( If my kids were small I think I'd do one for them too. As you say when you're doing it anyway, whats one more!

ChocolateChip
19-02-2009, 06:56 PM
I was thinking of doing this so like Loocyloo I can show it to parents as an example- but I just haven't got round to it! :D