PDA

View Full Version : a quick question..

Delly
19-02-2009, 08:40 AM
my 9 year old daughter is having a friend over today, who is 8.
I don't use upstairs for minding and i'm sure that they won't be able to play upstairs in her room, whilst i'm minding other children.

Is this right? can anyone clarify for me please, as i have one very sulky 9 year old right now..

wendywu
19-02-2009, 08:51 AM
Your daughter and her friend can play upstairs in her room as they are nothing to do with Ofsted.

But they could not take mindees up there, is that what you mean:idea:

SimplyLucy
19-02-2009, 08:53 AM
Your daughter and her friend will be able to play upstairs. Remember that although your daughters friend is your responsibility whilst she is in your house she isn't actually there as part of your childminding business.

Hope they have fun and give you 5 minutes peace!

CCJD
19-02-2009, 08:58 AM
Whislt I always make sure that invited friends round do not take me over my numbers (I think this is sensible just becuase of volume of children), my daughter/son (7 & 10)and their friends do not have to abide by the childminding rules of the house.
On the contrary I like them having a friend round becuase it will take them out of the playroom and often upstairs or in the lounge -they are then entertained and that only makes my life easier.
At 8 and 9 years old I would have no problem with them playing unsupervised and as previously posted, friend can go upstairs as I am sure she is not bound by Ofsted rules.

Hebs
19-02-2009, 08:58 AM
My son has his friend upstairs to play they are 9 and 10

My 7 year old mindee hates it but tough she has to deal with it x

HelenJC
19-02-2009, 09:13 AM
My understanding was that any children who come into your house whether mindees or not are ok as long as they do not compromise your care of the other children.

Helen

marion123
19-02-2009, 12:09 PM
when mine were younger they had there mates round and went upstairs and it gave me peace mindees didnt like it

tomthumb
19-02-2009, 12:27 PM
Same here, when my eldest has friends round, she goes in her bedroom and plays with them. I let her do what she wants as it is not part of the childminding. Sometimes, she even takes her little sister with her and they play in the bedroom. Mindees don't like it but I don't see why my 2 should always compromise!!

Elodie X

Delly
19-02-2009, 01:24 PM
thanks for all your replies, its funny really, they played upstairs for about half hour before lunch and have been downstairs joining in with us since. Think they feel they are missing out on something if upstairs out of the way...

Typical kids eh !!

miffy
19-02-2009, 01:29 PM
thanks for all your replies, its funny really, they played upstairs for about half hour before lunch and have been downstairs joining in with us since. Think they feel they are missing out on something if upstairs out of the way...

Typical kids eh !!

I was going to post something similar before I read what you'd said.

If you'd told them they couldn't play upstairs there's no way they would have joined in with anything you were doing - now they think they're missing out.

Have a peaceful day :)

Miffy xx