PDA

View Full Version : a "Q" about the pre reg checks

emmadines
31-01-2008, 11:10 PM
what sort of things do they ask?? as i have it in two weeks

emma

sarah707
01-02-2008, 08:23 AM
The inspector will take you through the 14 national standards following the Every Child Matters agenda -

Be healthy
Stay safe
Enjoy and achieve through learning
Make a positive contribution to society
Organisation

Use the meeting to ask questions and find out everything you can about what is expected of you... :D

twise
01-02-2008, 11:30 AM
Hi

Much the same as what Sarah said, when I had mine in December I also had to do a risk assesment of all the rooms that you will be using, pointing out where you see dangers (such as plug sockets, cables etc) and explaining what you intend to do about them in order for kids to be safe.

She also went through all my low level kitchen cupboards making sure that if they didn/t have locks on that there was nothing in them a little one could harm themselves with.

Read up on all the standards and be aware of the procedure for what to do if you suspect a child is being abused in some way.

To be honest I had psyched myself up to be something utterly terrible when infact my inspector was lovely and took time to answer any questions I had.

However do put a few hours aside...mine was here for 3 hours!!!

Good luck

Tracy

Mollymop
01-02-2008, 05:47 PM
I had mine today. Don't be worried as if you are prepared it really is a doddle, that was my experience anyway. She sat at my table with hter laptop and went through all the standards and asked me questions like - what will you go to promote healthy eating, what will you do to promote well being, etc, their wasn't really that many questions, she spent most of her time telling me things.
She hardly looked around my house either - she just had a quick glance. I have no actions, she said she might give me actions that need to be signed off but I din't get any, even though I did have some. She didn't even bother going in my garden!
Don't worry it is ok.
She was here for 3 hours!!! That was annoying, but the time flew.Good luck XX