PDA

View Full Version : Laundry

Pipsqueak
31-01-2008, 10:49 PM
I like the bit that we are to keep children away from laundry.

Poop there goes my slave labour!

We are in a home based setting so how does this work, my laundry basket is in the bathroom, I have no where else to put it AND I thought that helping sort washing and hanging it out was high on the learning scale????

Lou
31-01-2008, 10:54 PM
HMMM yes i would link that to PSR and N!!!!!!!

My answer to that particular section would be to shut the washing machine door and say i never use it in the daytime

Not moving anything

ITS MY HOME

sorry didnt mean to shout

ajs
31-01-2008, 11:05 PM
wouldn't want the little precious touching our dirty clothes now would we

sorry i think they're all ****** stupid the rules and the people who make them. wrap the little darlings in cotton wool and let them do nothing that may teach them about real life

crazybones
01-02-2008, 05:09 AM
My 2 year olds love pulling the washing from the dryer and placing it into the basket for me. The one that belongs to me has a paddy if I dont let him turn the timer dial before I switch it on. A bit embarrasing once though when the mindee was holding a pair of my large, slightly grey comfy knickers and mum and dad turned up. The found it hilarious and her actual words were "You wouldnt get to see sights like this if he was stuck in a nursery"

Annie x

oakie dokie
01-02-2008, 06:26 AM
at the end of the working day what do they think are clothes are, clean? mine are full of sick snot and saliva. Not mine!

hazelx

sarah707
01-02-2008, 08:15 AM
i think this might be one of those things they change with the amendments... here's hoping! :D

ajs
01-02-2008, 08:58 AM
at the end of the working day what do they think are clothes are, clean? mine are full of sick snot and saliva. Not mine!

hazelx

glad to hear it's not yours hazel

the government on one hand says we baby our children too much and don't allow them to have real life experiences thenon the other says we must protect them from every bug and germ around in case they get a runny nose.

we didn't have mrsa in hospitals in the past it's because the children aren't allowed to get dirty and touch anything that make make them immune that these superbugs have been able to take hold.

ajs
01-02-2008, 09:02 AM
i think this might be one of those things they change with the amendments... here's hoping! :D

do you know sarah i don't care if it stays.
ofsted see me for maybe 5 hours in 3 years they do not know what i do in the rest of the time. obviously i am not talking about letting the kids be in danger or the chance they may get hurt but i let them be kids, they play they get messy we wash our hands before and after every food activitiy and i keep my toys clean
but if parents want their babes protected from germs they'll have to find another childminder

Cheeky Chops
01-02-2008, 09:45 AM
have I missed something here??!!

you mean we are not actually allowed to have children help sort the laundry out??!!

!!! I can understand maybe dirty washing (even I wear rubber gloves when handling my OH underpants!:blush: ) but I mean even clean laundry outting it into the dryer or hanging it on the line?? Why not?? and where has this come from as I have not heard it apart from on here!! x:jump for joy:

Pipsqueak
01-02-2008, 09:50 AM
Its Stat Guidance page 36 (of Stat Framework Booklet)

"Children should not be allowed access to any laundry facilities that are provided on site"

OK not a "legal requirement" but Guidance (Best Practice) but still....

charleyfarley
01-02-2008, 09:53 AM
Oops I never knew :panic:

Note to myself

Really should start reading more!!!!

Carol xx

Cheeky Chops
01-02-2008, 09:58 AM
oh ok ! I dont have that booklet which explains a lot.....!

sarah707
01-02-2008, 10:00 AM
and where has this come from as I have not heard it apart from on here!! x

EYFS - Statutory Framework - page 36

'Children should not be allowed access to any laundry facilities that are provided on site'

Hmmmm:rolleyes:

Pipsqueak
01-02-2008, 10:00 AM
You don't have an EYFS pack?

Phone - 0845 60 222 60
and ask for your EYFS pack....

Happy reading!!!

Pipsqueak
01-02-2008, 10:01 AM
EYFS - Statutory Framework - page 36

'Children should not be allowed access to any laundry facilities that are provided on site'

Hmmmm:rolleyes:

Yippeee the perfect opportunity to get rid of my washing machine and tumble dryer!!!

Like I said thats my slave labour up the swanee

angeldelight
01-02-2008, 10:02 AM
http://www.standards.dcsf.gov.uk/eyfs/

Lou
01-02-2008, 10:04 AM
Perhaps they would like me to move my washing machiine every day???

Define access!!!!

Cheeky Chops
01-02-2008, 10:15 AM
I HAVE JUST ORDERED MY EYFS PACK!! woohoo!! thanks girlies I am going to enjoy reading it!! while registering I had all sorts of information available to me, now I am registered, insured and out there on my own in the big wide world as it were! so I am very grateful for forums like these to help me stay in touch with the real world!!! hehe xx:laughing:

Cheeky Chops
01-02-2008, 10:16 AM
Yeah lou I think it is a must that you move your washing machine single handedly every day..... whatever next?? moving your cooker? or your fridge?? ROFL!!!:laughing:

Pipsqueak
01-02-2008, 10:21 AM
Nice one Cheeky - I am sure you will enjoy reading it as we all have!!!:D

Makes great bedtime reading - sends you to sleep in next to no time:laughing:

Cheeky Chops
01-02-2008, 10:30 AM
hehe!! I could do with that actaully, have you got anything that can help my husband stop snoring???!! actually maybe I should get him to read it before bed!! hehe xx

ajs
01-02-2008, 11:09 AM
Its Stat Guidance page 36 (of Stat Framework Booklet)

"Children should not be allowed access to any laundry facilities that are provided on site"

OK not a "legal requirement" but Guidance (Best Practice) but still....

is that not more for nurserys though

sarah707
01-02-2008, 11:14 AM
is that not more for nurserys though

That's what everyone is hoping I think... but since it doesn't actually say that, we cannot assume inspectors will give us leeway...

Since it's not in statutory guidance they can't 'fail' us for it... but I would hate to get a lower grade on a misunderstanding...

I believe it's one of the things NCMA are querying :D

ajs
01-02-2008, 11:21 AM
That's what everyone is hoping I think... but since it doesn't actually say that, we cannot assume inspectors will give us leeway...

Since it's not in statutory guidance they can't 'fail' us for it... but I would hate to get a lower grade on a misunderstanding...

I believe it's one of the things NCMA are querying :D

amongst other things

at the training on wednesday night which was run by the pla and ncma together we had to put a post it of questions on a board i was the only one who posted any i asked about the alcohol issue and the risng 5 issue
and they knew about both of them

sarah707
01-02-2008, 11:49 AM
amongst other things

at the training on wednesday night which was run by the pla and ncma together we had to put a post it of questions on a board i was the only one who posted any i asked about the alcohol issue and the risng 5 issue
and they knew about both of them

Do you think they come on here and read our posts? :eek: :laughing:

Pipsqueak
01-02-2008, 11:55 AM
Do you think they come on here and read our posts? :eek: :laughing:

Well I think we raise very valid points between us - the NCMA, OFSTED etc would do well to take a look!

:D

LittleMissSparkles
01-02-2008, 01:05 PM
Well I think we raise very valid points between us - the NCMA, OFSTED etc would do well to take a look!

:D

I'll second that Vik :clapping:

buildingblocks
01-02-2008, 04:24 PM
Perhaps they would like me to move my washing machiine every day???Define access!!!!

precisely mine is next to the back door which we use to get into the garden ir go on school runs

buildingblocks
01-02-2008, 04:27 PM

But presumably if you want an outstanding - and it would be nice next time around - you are going to have to comply and do everything in the guidance as 'best practise' or has been said they will downgrade you

buildingblocks
01-02-2008, 04:29 PM
i was the only one who posted any i asked about the alcohol issue

I must have missed this one can someone explain as I have visions of having to give baby brandy in his bottle lol - sorry

Trouble
01-02-2008, 04:36 PM
a lady on a course(tutor) told me once its good for kids to help with laundry as it teaches them life skills, colours, numbers,big & small, whos is whos so it can be that bad:clapping: my little ones hide under the sheets in the summer and make dens whilst their drying :laughing:

Rubybubbles
01-02-2008, 04:41 PM
Just when I think I read the EYFS something else is pulled up lol

Maybe it's for nurseys becaus eof the amount of beeding, bibs ect that they would be washing (or do they send it away!)

Whooooo there a thought, putting my washing through the books as I've had to send it away to get washed and ironed:idea:

:laughing: :laughing: