PDA

View Full Version : sainsbury's vouchers (& tesco?)

HomefromHome
18-02-2009, 01:42 PM
hi
i read on another forum that we are not allowed to join the sainsburys active kids vouchers scheme.
now, some cm are pushing and getting registered, but i have emailed and rang and am not getting anywhere.
i do think this is unfair as we and nurseries in particular have to abide by all the same legislation etc which i pointed out. their only argument as far as i can see is they think we only have 2 children!!! i pointed out that we can have many children on roll, just as some nurseries are only 10 strong!

what do poeple think about this - and is it true that some childminders have registered for the tesco voucher scheme???

i would love to get some of the equipment they promote!!!!:mad:

Daftbat
18-02-2009, 01:44 PM
i have managed to register with sainsbury but only after persistance

Peppa
18-02-2009, 02:23 PM
How did you manage to get registered? DId you phone them?

I want to join, a little help from them would go along way! I don't get funding! :angry:

Daftbat
18-02-2009, 02:34 PM
I emailed them and pointed out that whilst they like us to think they don't register childminders i knew that this wasn't the case as i was aware of several whowere registered for vouchers. I pointed out also that i care for 18 children and had access to quite a lot of vouchers. I gave them my full name address and telephone number and OFSTED number and they gave in. They told me that childminders might not get much out of it but thats up to us not them really isn't it? Below is a copy of the email i received if its any help

----- Original Message -----
To: Penny Cartledge
Sent: Wednesday, February 04, 2009 9:38 AM
Subject: Sainsbury's Active Kids

Dear Penny,

Thank you for your email.

The Active Kids scheme is in its 5th year now to address the rising issue of childhood obesity, caused by a combination of children eating the wrong foods and lack of activity. Active Kids is currently designed to be delivered in a school environment, with resources developed in line with the national curriculum to support teachers in the classroom and as such you would not be able to participate in certain aspects of the scheme.

Smaller organisations such as Childminders won't necessarily benefit much from the scheme due to their smaller number of children. Although the catalogue does contain items for small amounts of Active Kids Vouchers these items are obviously small items that don't have the same impact as the larger equipment.

However if you feel you could collect enough vouchers to benefit and would like to register please provide your full name, address, telephone number and how many children you care for.

Kind Regards

Sainsbury’s Active Kids Team

Peppa
18-02-2009, 02:45 PM
I don't care for any children yet! But i also don't have access to alot of equipment for outside for when i do get children. so thought this was a good way to help me out

jeanybeany
18-02-2009, 08:37 PM
I have just replied to them pointing out my case as they say I cannot join. We'll see if I get a response. I collect the tesco vouchers and they registered me instantly. Last year I managed to get bats, balls and a balloon ball for outside and bank a few vouchers for this year as well. I only had one child on my books! I also did the sports vouchers (tesco) and banked all the vouchers for this year about 500 I think. Hoping we do well this year as well.

Ring Tesco they are great and lovely to cm :)

avril
18-02-2009, 08:44 PM
I registered last year and got some lovely stuff, when I rang the lady on the phone was very nice registered me no problem but did point out I may not collect enough vouchers and if I don't please pass them onto a school that can use them. This year I automatically received my pack.

So do persist.

Andrea08
18-02-2009, 08:46 PM
is there a catalougue ie points make prizes?

id love to have a go and if i dont get enough vouchers then ill give to my son's school "No loss!!"

daisychainqueen
18-02-2009, 08:58 PM
this is my third year collecting now, you don't get a lot for your vouchers, and I've noticed the catalogue they sent out this year is a lot smaller. They seem to send one to schools/nurseries and a different one to other groups.

in the past we've got sets of basket balls, skipping roads, kitchen bits and bobs
it is quite limited but it's something for nothing so you can't complain.

Amaranth
18-02-2009, 08:58 PM
I'm registered with both. Tesco was easy to register with, very nice to cm's :)
Sainsburys were not so easy but I had a 'chat' with them and told them that if they would like to go and check, they would in fact find that plenty of childminders were already registered with them!! I had the same thing about not being able to collect enough vouchers. But I did last year and got some lovely bits & pieces for outside.
When I got my pack this year it came with a brochure that said 'childminder catalogue' on the front, so persevere, they are supposed to register us.
Also I read in the info they sent this year, that for the first time you can bank your vouchers, so really it doesn't matter if you don't get enough for what you want this year, you can carry them over :clapping:

Get everyone you know to collect vouchers for you (some of my mindees parents collect them at work for me too) and show them the power of childminders!!!!:laughing:

Ok, I think I have waffled on long enough now, sorry! :blush:

miffy
18-02-2009, 09:12 PM
is there a catalougue ie points make prizes?

id love to have a go and if i dont get enough vouchers then ill give to my son's school "No loss!!"

Both Tesco and Sainsbury's have catalogues (available to view on-line too) of the things you can save for.

Even if you didn't collect enough vouchers this year you can bank them and spend them next year

Miffy xx

DudleyChildmind
19-02-2009, 05:37 AM
I managed to register for the Sainsbury's vouchers after a lot of hassle but nothing has come through :huh:

donnadoo2004200
19-02-2009, 06:48 AM
How many vouchers do you need to get the smaller items. Is it worth collecting them?

tammerisk
19-02-2009, 09:27 AM
where do i register for these vouchers

Jules12Wed
19-02-2009, 03:34 PM
I have just registered for Tesco but cannot see where you can view catalogue online.

Mollymop
19-02-2009, 03:55 PM
Why should it be that some minders can and others can't?
Who cares about Sainsburys anyway! I find them too expensive and they never stock what I want.
Good ol' Tescos hey? Every little helps

jeanybeany
19-02-2009, 07:59 PM
Why should it be that some minders can and others can't?
Who cares about Sainsburys anyway! I find them too expensive and they never stock what I want.
Good ol' Tescos hey? Every little helps

lOL YOU COMMENT MADE ME SMILE!!!!!!!!!!!

nicole_kirsty
03-03-2009, 03:48 PM
Whooooo done it! You have to be persistive though dont you!!!! Sent my email to friends and family so hopefully will get lots of vouchers my way!!! yay!
Thanks for posts if it wasnt for this forum i'd never of known!!!:clapping:
Nicole