PDA

View Full Version : Retainer / Deposit - Quick can someone have a look . . .

melanieabigail2004
18-02-2009, 08:20 AM
Want to put something in writing for unborn bump that is visiting me this morning - can someone read and let me know what they think:-

If a place is to be held open for 8 weeks or less then a deposit will be taken (50% of monthly fee). This would then be deducted from the first month's bill. Should you decide not to take up the place the deposit will not be returned. If circumstances change and I am unable to take the child the deposit will be refunded in full.

If the place is to be held open for longer than an 8 week period then a retainer will be charged at half the fees due over the time leading up to you taking up the place. This is not refundable or deductable for your first month's childcare and will only be returned if the place is unavailable when you want it.

Retainers are taken also to cover time over and above the holidays that are agreed in the contract if this is likely to be a large amount of time i.e school holidays.

Ta

Mel

rickysmiths
18-02-2009, 09:23 AM
I always take a 4 week fees deposit. This is then held until the end of the contract when it is off set against the notice period. They then pay me in advance when the contract starts. It insures me against non payment of fees etc. I have done it this way since I started childminding 14yrs ago on the advice of the local social services.

You should not take a deposit or a retainer for an unborn child for obvious reasons.
They will need to come and see you when the baby has arrived.

melanieabigail2004
18-02-2009, 09:33 AM
Thanks - have not intention of taking any money or signing anything until the baby has been born. Just want to advise the parents of what the costs would be should they want to come back and see me after its arrival.

Ta

Mel

mummyspice
18-02-2009, 11:33 AM
Probably too late to reply!
Great what you have written. I would probably add a reason for the retainer like "this is due to me having to reserve a place and will be unable to take another child on if I have an inquiry"
Lisa x